Help!!! [with demo game]

Started by , Wed 16/04/2003 05:30:12

Previous topic - Next topic

James Bond V2.6

??? How does the Demo work? I can't even get the Full version to work either.  ???

Scummbuddy

1) Please use appropriate and clear subject titles as to the problem.
2)  The Demo game that you downloaded off from the mainsite? or some demo of another game? And what do you mean by full version?  The newest version of it with much more information?
3)  What exactly do you have problems with when trying to run it?  Opening it in the game editor, or just simply running the game.

For now, I'd say just redownload it and retry an install.
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

James Bond V0.2

(1)Well, I'm new. I'm only a guest.
(2)Of AGS of course, The Demo version.  ::) And I downloaded the Full version of course. I got it here: http://www.agsforums.com/acdload.htm
(3)Opening the Editor, of the Demo. It is a shortcut to my ISP. Also I think it's also running the game of the Demo(I have no clue, there is not even a EXE). Also the Full version requires something in a Temp folder. I'm okay with a reinstall...but a reinstall of both? Both would take 30-45 Minites, If I don't use web pages and I only have Dial-up, I can't stay on forever.

Barcik

Errr.... the demo game isn't really a demo in the way you are thinking. It is just a demonstration of what the engine can do. For it, you need to run AGS, browse into the directory of the demo game and load the only file you see. Then, click "File" and "Test game".
Currently Working On: Monkey Island 1.5

Jimi

There is an executable file in the "Compiled" folder of the demo game.

If you want to load the demo quest into the editor, just find the "ac2game.dta" in the demo folder.

Hope Scummbuddy, Barcik and Me helped!  :)

Barcik

The compiled directory appears only after you first run it from the editor.
Currently Working On: Monkey Island 1.5

Enlaithion

QuoteOf AGS of course, The Demo version.   And I downloaded the Full version of course.

It sounds like you think that the "demo" is a demo version of AGS.

There is no full version.  They are 2 different things.  The "full version" you refer to is a game editor (you make games with it).  The "demo version" is an example game made w/ the editor.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk