Magix release free version of Music Maker

Started by CaptainD, Wed 22/03/2017 20:20:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassiebsg

I know very little about music and less about how to make music... but I might just give it a try anyway.  ;)
Thanks for the link!
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Danvzare

Kumpel

it's just the basical range of functions and you have only 3 instruments (Piano, drumkid and synthesizer sound. But there is a ton of other soundloops and the instrument editor is amazing and brings fun for hours :D

CaptainD

Quote from: Danvzare on Thu 23/03/2017 10:52:05
What's the catch? :-\

I don't think there is one, as such.  A bit of advertising for their other products whilst you download.  They don't ask you to register, don't even ask for your email address.  As Kumpel said it's probably fairly limited compared to the versions you can buy, but it seems (to someone like me who's not a musician) to be quite a nice program that is, as far as I can tell, genuinely free and without added hassle.  I guess the hope from the devs is that if you like it and you're ready to move onto something more powerful, you'll choose them.

That said if anyone does find a catch, please warn everyone else!

Kumpel

The recommended setup process installs some registry cleaner software stuff that could bei nasty somehow I guess. Manual installation can bypass this of course.

CaptainD

Quote from: Kumpel on Thu 23/03/2017 15:46:29
The recommended setup process installs some registry cleaner software stuff that could bei nasty somehow I guess. Manual installation can bypass this of course.

Gah I hadn't noticed that during install.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk