Shrivel

Started by SDown, Thu 23/03/2017 14:07:12

Previous topic - Next topic

SDown

Synopsis
You play as a man whose garden needs watering, however his water supply has been cut off.
Solve puzzles and obtain the water needed to save his plants.

Screenshots

Details
2 Click Interface
5 Mins Game Length

Download

CaptainD

I like the graphical style!  Will be interested to see how many puzzles you can make around such a simple concept.  At 5 minutes I'll certainly give it a go - congrats on the release!  :)

sthomannch

You forgot the libraries for the Linux version :-)

Kumpel

A little rough on the edges but the story is nice and the sprites and some animations are amazing! Especially the walk animation of the player character has a lot of charm and is spot on gardener walking :D

Things I noticed :
Spoiler

Some "use inventory on" actions don't do anything (e.g use dentition on padlock)
The neighbor runs through the watering can
Opening/closing the door looks weird because the player is standing in the way of the door.
The ending is a bit unsatisfying with no final sentence or nice conclusion whatsoever
the credits text cross fade is happening way too fast to acknowledge it ;)
[close]

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: sthomannch on Thu 23/03/2017 18:53:42
You forgot the libraries for the Linux version :-)

This is a bug in AGS Editor:
http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=54571.0

If you have Editor installed at C:/Program Files, you need to run Editor as administrator, or copy files by hand.

SDown

@sthomannch  Thanks for pointing that out! I've updated the link for the Linux version.

@Kumpel  Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it :)

Stupot

Gorgeous visuals. Can't wait to play it.

Two Tales

The graphics alone make me want to play this. I'm intrigued to know how such a simple idea will play out and as it has a short estimated playtime I guess I'm going to have time to find out.

danman23

Great game took me a bit longer then 5 minutes.  :=

Felt very polished and was a great short game. Well done.  (nod)

SilverSpook

Agreed!  This game looks excellent. :)

Shadow1000

Awesome short game! Slick graphics and animation. Puzzles were well designed. Very impressive work.

SHADOW

Mandle

Very nice little game! It took me about 15-20 minutes to finish and I had a great time!

Got a bit weird towards but I'm not complaining: weird can be fun!

selmiak

This game is cool! Awesome animations, cool palette and pixelart, funny story and characters, thanks for making this.

all the things kumpel mentioned also occured to me
Spoiler
+ when the neightbour raises his cane his hotspot seems wrong
[close]

Creamy

Just finished it. Very good first game.
I go with the flow : interesting choice of colors, good animations and puzzles - with the last one being a little weird and funny.

Hope you'll make more games  :smiley:

ThreeOhFour

This was pretty cute and fun, and I loved the art and animation. Cheers!  :smiley:

SDown

Thanks everyone for your feedback and support :smiley:

Tabata

Just played it and had fun doing so.
I got a tiny bit irritated when
Spoiler
I took the cain and the old man still got it afterwards. But when looking in the inventory it also was there so it didn't mind me that much.  (roll) (laugh)
[close]
Very nice graphics and animations made it enjoyable
and I hope to see more of you soon.   (nod)

Bulbapuck

Really neat little game. Loved the graphical style and the humour of it, well done! :grin:

Minor nitpick:
Spoiler
While most puzzles were very logical and made a lot of sense, I felt the puzzles towards the end sort of missed the mark a bit. Mostly the bird in the jar and the pitcher plant-exit. It wasnt too bad considering how short the game is but it took me quite a while to get through them and it felt lucky rather than skillful. More hints would have been helpful I think.
[close]
I also made an LP if you want to see my first reactions to everything: https://youtu.be/vsszEYCpnyk

SDown

Thanks for the LP Bulba! I really enjoyed watching you play through my little game. I do admit that it gets absurd around the ending though! :smiley:

selmiak

[embed=640,360]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_liwumA6xFk[/embed]
I like this game and decided to replay it and record it and do a longplay.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk