Savegames not work after new files import turnarounds [SOLVED]

Started by rmonic79, Fri 24/03/2017 12:15:03

Previous topic - Next topic

rmonic79

Hi guys everyone knows if there is a way to not invalidate saveame after adding a new fx or music files?
(i'm making all game sounds and but i need to calibrate them continuosly and some point of the game are difficult to reach starting not from the beggining)

Danvzare

Well just include a debug start game button, which sets all the variables, gives you all of the items, and moves all of the characters, in a way so that things will be just as they would be when you reach that part of the game.

Crimson Wizard

Currently AGS relies on total number of audio clips. If you add larger number of dummy clips, and then only be replacing them with correct ones, this may temporarily solve your problem.

rmonic79

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Fri 24/03/2017 12:39:59
Currently AGS relies on total number of audio clips. If you add larger number of dummy clips, and then only be replacing them with correct ones, this may temporarily solve your problem.
Thanks Crimson, so i can make also some placeholders clips for possible future updates like i'm doing with variables?

Mandle

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Fri 24/03/2017 12:39:59

That's very useful information! I had assumed that changing the audio clips invalidated the saves but it's only the number of clips/variables that does it? Makes development much easier to know that! Thanks!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk