Neofeud

Started by SilverSpook, Sat 25/03/2017 19:30:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Cassiebsg

Good luck with Steam!

You should change the topic to include "On Steam Greenlight! Vote!" ... or something.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

SilverSpook

Quote from: Blondbraid on Fri 31/03/2017 18:22:22
Yay, I hope this game will be available on Steam soon, already voted and shared on Facebook!

Thanks a ton, Blondbraid!

It's gotten over 500 views so far, but unfortunately, there are more "no" votes than "yes" votes. :(

Please tell anyone that you know that might like Neofeud to help with the "yes" votes! 

Fitz

The "no" votes may be coming from other devs currently on Greenlight, downvoting the competition in the hope of pushing their own game through -- which, AFAIK, is not how Greenlight works.

SilverSpook

Hm, yeah, I can't say I know a ton about Greenlight, but I've heard it's not super tough or anything.  Crossing my fingers though!

@Cassie: Thanks for the suggestion!

Stupot

Congrats on release, Spook. I look forward to giving it a whirl.

Mandle

Quote from: Fitz on Fri 31/03/2017 22:19:12
The "no" votes may be coming from other devs currently on Greenlight, downvoting the competition in the hope of pushing their own game through

Fiends!!! I hope they all go to a Hell where they are stuck in traffic at a red light for all eternity!!!

LuciferSam86

Here some likes and dislikes that I am finding during my first gameplay.

Note: I love this game, so I don't feel like I lost 15$ .

Like:
- The graphics: I am more a "pixel lover" but with this setting I really enjoy those graphics
- The story: androids, cyberpunk and dystopian future? I am all in :)
- The characters: they are not the usual "heroes" , they all have some flaws and I found them deep with some character progression (which is really good)
- Astoundig soundtrack

Dislike:
- Death: I think death in a "point-and-click" game, destroy some immersion (I like this (http://grumpygamer.com/why_adventure_games_suck) "design guide" from one of the grandfather of this genre: Ron Gilbert)
- Different quality from the voice actors: Some of them seem they speak through a phone, other are perfect and other are too near the microphone

for now that's it.

But, yeah, if I should give a vote to this game is a solid 8/10 , and I hope to see other games from SilverSpook

EDIT : I will update this post after I finish the game
God is Real, unless declared Integer

SilverSpook

Before I forget, I've decided to do a Let's Play Walkthrough of Neofeud. 

Caution: walkthrough will contain spoilers / hints for the game, so if you plan to buy the game, maybe don't watch too much of it!

[embed=1020,630]http://youtu.be/ouv7RqS2Czw[/embed]

QuoteHere some likes and dislikes that I am finding during my first gameplay.

Note: I love this game, so I don't feel like I lost 15$ .

Thanks so much for your great and fair review, LuciferSam86!

I'm glad that you feel that the $15 price-point is worth it.  I lost a little sleep fretting that people might think it's too much!

Since it seems you liked the soundtrack, and since you bought the game by April 1st, you can get the soundtrack for free, if you haven't already. :)

RE: Death - I've heard about the death issue from at least one other tester.  I'll keep that feedback in mind for future adventure games.

Thanks for your vote, and please vote on Steam Greenlight if you can!  I'm hoping to do a Neofeud 2, or some other project if Neofeud 1 can bring in enough revenue to support the development. :)

alphadalekben

I'd be down for a Neofeud 2 from what I saw of the first game. Hell, if you don't object, I can contribute more towards the development on it or any other project of yours - as in, not disappearing a few months into development (given good timing, of course).

SilverSpook

Thanks for the offer, Ben!

In other news, Neofeud has just been featured on Game Jolt!

Nixxon

Voted! Congrats on the GameJolt Feature. :D

Blondbraid

I saw your game on GameJolt, congrats!  ;-D

SilverSpook

Thanks guys!  We're over 200, so that's good, I think!?

Oh, and if you were thinking of getting Neofeud, I recommend doing it by this Saturday, because until April 9th:

Which essentially means you get the entire soundtrack (2 1/2 hours of music) and the original screenplay, for free!

:)

In addition, if you're more of a bookworm type, Neofeud - The Original Script is now available on Lulu for four bucks. :)

SilverSpook

Totally forgot to add Neofeud to the AGS game database!  But I have remedied this sad state of affairs!

https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2144/

In addition, thank you all for the Greenlight votes, but it seems that Neofeud will be missing the window to get onto Steam.  Thus, I would recommend getting Neofeud either on the Itch.io site or Gamejolt. 

And, if you have the cash on hand right now, I'd recommend getting it soon as there's a 25% off sale ending in about... 4 hours!  (This one is only on Gamejolt :)

m0ds

Quotebut it seems that Neofeud will be missing the window to get onto Steam.

Huh? Did you get an email from Valve saying it's not going to make it? If not, you should leave it there.

Valve do not do vague windows. If they're going to shut you out of Greenlight's approval process you will be told forthright, I'm sure of it.

I'd like to own this game on Steam, it looks cool, it has feels, so stick with it until they explicitly say it's not going to happen. And TBF, you should still put it in with whatever follows Greenlight. Don't piss 2 1/2 years of your life out the window simply by settling for only gamejolt...! :P

SilverSpook

Mostly I'm just looking at the Greenlight number required to get to the top 100, the current votes for Neofeud (1/10th of the way to top 100), and the announcement by Valve that Greenlight will be replaced by Steam Direct in Spring 2017.  Short of a major review or a Pewdiepie-grade Youtuber spotlighting Neofeud, it's tough to see how the math adds up. :/

If Neofeud doesn't make it on Steam before Greenlight ends, I will take a look at Steam Direct, which apparently could cost between $100 and $5000.  I just hope it's not at the 5k end.

Thanks for the encouragement though! 

Bavolis

I remember being worried about my game getting the votes needed and Steam pushed it through faster than expected. I'd give it some time.

Problem

Quote from: SilverSpook on Sat 15/04/2017 04:23:22
Mostly I'm just looking at the Greenlight number required to get to the top 100, the current votes for Neofeud (1/10th of the way to top 100), and the announcement by Valve that Greenlight will be replaced by Steam Direct in Spring 2017.

But the greenlight rank is no indicator if your game is getting greenlit or not. That's misleading, because Greenlight is not really a competition between games. It's about how well each game is received, and judging from my own experience with Kickstarter, the yes/no ratio of your votes is much more important than the rank. That and having some constant traffic I guess, but the rank doesn't say much.

Chicky

Hey SilverSpook, massive congratulations on the release, I love how much passion you've clearly put into this project. I've not got around to playing it yet but enjoyed what I watched of your Let's Play.

Just though I'd chime in about Greenlight, it seems Valve are approving games in pretty frequent waves, I'm not sure how frequently but I submitted Guard Duty (my first submission to Steam) on the 22nd Feb and it was Greenlit on the 16th March. Don't worry about the 'no' votes, GD fell victim to that initially (there's a bit of a culture of people hating on 2D atm) but eventually had a majority positive (63%) and we ended with 435 'yes' votes. I'm pretty confident you'll get through, it's clear from the trailer that you have a finished product with all original assets and solid gameplay, that's mostly what they're looking for.

Chin up and don't give up hope!

SilverSpook

Thanks Bavolis, Problem, and Chicky for the anecdotes and encouragement.  I guess I just kind of have been trying to figure out how the Greenlight thing works, having never used it before, and got a certain impression that you had to make it up to the top of the list to have a chance.  So it's good to know that that isn't the case necessarily. :)

At this point I'm just trying to figure out how to get a review or a Youtuber to play Neofeud (other than my own playthrough).  If anyone knows someone who might want to do such, let me know!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk