Neofeud

Started by SilverSpook, Sat 25/03/2017 19:30:36

Previous topic - Next topic

SilverSpook

Six Billion Dollar Baller badge! :D

Just finished coding all of Neofeud's 37 achievements!  Man that took forever!

Now it's time to fire this modded sucker up and hope the entire game doesn't explode due to the additions, just before Steam release. X.X;

SilverSpook

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-GrPo5yVvQ

Today's work on Neofeud -- testing the re-done version of the game with all the achievements added!

SilverSpook

Neofeud is coming to Steam in September! Get the DRM-free + Steam version if you buy it now on Itch.io https://silverspook.itch.io/neofeud 

And please vote for Neofeud on GOG if you'd like to see it there! https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/neofeud

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQAMJgs5euA

SilverSpook

More Neofeud achievement stuff! I'm currently awaiting confirmation of Neofeud's release date from Steam. (nailbiting)

If it's not already readily apparent, I'm a big fan of NES games, Game of Thrones, and 80's action movies.

Click'd

Pre-order? I hope you cut some content from the game you only get this way, or later for additional money. :grin:

SilverSpook

I'll offer pre-purchase freebies when Life Is Strange: Before The Storm does. :P  (I see they offer an old version of the main character, already made in the last game, pfff!)

There are actually a handful of *true* Neofeud fans who already have the Steam version for buying it on Itch.io early. :D

Click'd

[serious_mode]It won't hurt showing presence on the game's forum, telling people the asking price of the game and stuff. Right now it's absolutely empty there.

SilverSpook

I've posted in the discussion forum.  The regular price will be $15 and there will be a 20% discount for launch week (so it will be $12 for the first week).

SilverSpook

While you can't pre-purchase Neofeud on Steam, you can buy Neofeud right now at 33% off for the next five days!

You'll of course get the Steam key free once Neofeud hits Steam. I'm also going to be using the proceeds from this flash sale to help pay for marketing for the Steam release, as I am currently broke. This is also cheaper than Neofeud will be during the Steam launch discount, so if you're thinking about buying it, now is definitely the time!

SilverSpook

I'll be talking to Mark J. Lovegrove on his livestream today, starting RIGHT NOW!

https://www.youtube.com/user/Screen7UK/live

m0ds

Good fun, thank you Christian for the cool insight and also kindly some keys to give away! Neofeud deserves to do well (nod) And oh, YOU made the music?? I think your multi-talent didn't quite sink in during the interview, but you are clearly a prolific sci-fi game developer, so kudos to you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbU1ZIoOOqs

Eek, board automatically adds and stretches that? OK :P

Bit rough to begin with, I don't think multistreaming is something I can do at this point but I abandoned it at 20 mins mark and the YouTube version (above) got smoother after that. Looks like the Facebook copy was smooth for the first 20 mins... I also wrote the ticker info in a rush before we started, the actual Steam release date of Neofeud is Sept 19th and the game that came 10th in itch.io lowres jam is Don't Worry, I'll Bring The Beer lool.

SilverSpook

No problem Mark, thanks again for having me on your Augfest TV livestream, it was a real pleasure, and a lot of fun! I liked what you did with all of the interesting segments, like Key Cat, the theater, and the choose-a-door game. (Even if Pablo and I both lost it!)

I figured I owed you as much for helping me out during the somewhat daunting process of bringing my first game to Steam, sorting out achievements, and lots of other critical indie game issues I needed to get right for the Neofeud release that I was pretty clueless about.  This was all really invaluable advice and would've taken me much time to sort out, which I didn't have.

I look forward to the next Augfest event, with the makers of Lorelai. :)

And just a quick reminder to everyone:

Neofeud is on sale for just two more days!

Pick it up now so I can pay for some advertising with the adventure game sites when it comes out on Steam! :)

alphadalekben

Congratulations on the release date announcement, by the way. I've let my Youtuber friend know, so hopefully that's another customer. I'm looking at getting my copy in the Christmas period at the latest, due to money reasons, unless he decides to be kind and gift to me.

Oh, and do you want me to announce the Steam release on my Facebook writer's page, like I did the initial release?

In any case, bring on September 19th!

SilverSpook

Alphadalekben: Thanks for spreading the word about the Neofeud Steam release, and sure, if you could post about it on Facebook that would be appreciated!

alphadalekben

Awesome. I'll keep my eye out and share the Silverspook Facebook post, like I did last time.

Oh, and he's suggested a 'First 30 Minutes' video for Neofeud on his YouTube, rather than a full playthrough. I'll post a link, unless there are any objections.

I'm also thinking of writing a review after I get the game in the new year, depending on whether or not I'm busy with uni at the point. The only problem with that is that I don't have a platform to share that sort of content on, unless anybody wants to help me find somewhere. I may ask the YouTuber, but that would mean more time that I don't really have to create the accompanying video as well.

Well, that was longer than expected.

SilverSpook

The 'First 30 Minutes' video is fine. It's his Youtube channel and I'm just happy to have some coverage of Neofeud! (It's a somewhat long game for the genre, I guess, so I understand.)

There are some game sites that you can submit reviews to. If nothing else, you can rate and write a review of Neofeud on the Steam store page, when it's out!

EDIT: Also, does anyone here have Linux and like to help me test Neofeud on Linux? I'd like to release a Linux Steam version but only have access to Windows machines. Thanks in advance!

SilverSpook

Cool Neofeud article on IndieGamer.eu!

If You Love Blade Runner, Deus Ex And System Shock, Don't Miss 'Neofeud'

QuoteNeofeud is a great looking game and i don't know why but for me the best way to describe it is this line from Deus Ex: Human Revolution :

” How often have we chased the dream of progress, only to see that dream preverted? More often than not, haven't the machines we built to improve life shattered the lives of millions? “

It's always nice to be compared to Deus Ex. :)

SilverSpook

Just did an interview with David Cameron! And next week, I'll be Twitch livestreaming with Satan!

Oh wait, wrong one!  David from OneUpGaming was a real cool guy, writer, and gaming Youtuber to talk to and has a really kickass set of gaming tattoos on his right arm. ;)  We talk about Neofeud, the state of the game and indie game industry, and more!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nkde9KUaT8s

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk