gui label displays text twice

Started by HandsFree, Sun 09/04/2017 11:40:13

Previous topic - Next topic

HandsFree

On the quit gui, I have a label with the text 'Are you sure you want to quit?'. The text is white (textcolornumber = 15) and the font is fairly large.
In the editor it looks as I expect. But when I run the game, it shows the white text, but also the same text in a small Black font.
The same happens with the gui's for save etc.

This is the Gateway remake that is already released, but against the gui backgound it's hardly noticeable. Actually I never noticed.
But now Arcangelo Bonaparte made new gui's with a plain metallic background and the effect is very obvious.

Any idea why this happens?
thanks

Snarky

The font you're using has an outline font set (which doesn't match the main font). Figure out which font is being used (if you have a custom gui, it's part of the label's properties; if it's the default quit gui I think it uses NormalFont, which is the first or second font in the list by default). For that font, change the OutlineFont property, or alternatively overwrite the font that is set with the correct outline font.

HandsFree

Yes, it had outlinestyle set to 'useoutlinefont'. Changed it to none and now it's ok.
Thanks

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk