SOLVED:Speech View Face is under a GUI overlay

Started by Stranga, Mon 10/04/2017 09:34:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Stranga

Hey everyone,

I'm not sure if this can be fixed or not. I'm using animated faces along with my dialog, and the transparent overlay will cover the face, but not the actual text.

Here is a screen to show you what I mean.

The face should not be dark at all. It should look like this.

I've also tried adjusting the GUI Z order with both the overlay and the text GUI, but still no success.

Gurok

Instead of using a GUI, try an unclickable object/character (Clickable = False) with a baseline set to the height of the room.

I believe what you're encountering is a limitation of AGS.

EDIT: Originally, I said "instead of using an overlay". This should've been GUI.
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

Stranga

That's a sneaky idea! I never even thought of doing that. I'll give it a try and let you know.

Crimson Wizard

TBH I am not sure I fully understand what is happening here, can someone clarify?

As far as I rememember, overlays are always drawn above GUI (at least speech overlays). But is the face GUI or overlay?

Also, have you tried making transparent black screen as GUI too?

Stranga

Hey thanks for the reply.

I made a work around with Gurok's method. And to explain, the overlay is a custom transparent image I made into a GUI. I just call it an overlay.I have also tried making a transparent black screen, but I made the lighting effects in the transparent image.

Slasher

You should in the general settings set GUI's to display as normal else GUI's will grey out as is your GUI image..which is what was happening I believe.

Stranga

Thanks for responding Slasher, but they already are set to Display as Normal.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk