Glenjamin

Check out the free demo, and the first release here:

The Project Beach House itch page

Dan and Sarah arriving at the beach house

Dan and Sarah in the beach house living room

Dan meeting one of level three's monsters

Dan fracturing his leg after a long fall

Mandle

This looks exactly like the kind of game I would lock myself away for days and play the crap out of!

Can't wait!

(And if and when you need testers...drop me a line!)

Nixxon

This looks great! The premise, the story, the mechanics. Looking forward to this and seeing more.

I second Mandle re testing. Are you considering spoken dialog?

Danvzare

Quote from: Mandle on Wed 12/04/2017 02:21:21
This looks exactly like the kind of game I would lock myself away for days and play the crap out of!
Same here. I'm looking forward to this game being released.

Good luck getting it finished. :-D

Glenjamin

The first ever Project Beach House public demo is right around the corner!

But first, we have to finish making the final section of level three: Ascension

Premise:

Dan's just about to escape the winding halls of level three's abandoned laboratory when he's faced with his final challenge.

The only thing separating him from from sweet freedom is a rusty freight elevator.

Surprisingly it works just fine. It would be smooth sailing from here if it weren't for the giant otherworldly creature chasing him.

Gameplay:

As the elevator begins it's slow ascension Acrimony will continually leap onto it, stunting it's progress.

It's up to you to be on the lookout and time your attacks perfectly, or you'll plummet to your demise.

How it looks currently implemented In-game:

Final mockup:

Q&A

Quote(And if and when you need testers...drop me a line!)

We're still considering whether to have the public demo an open beta, or polish it first and release it in it's finalized form.

We'll keep you posted!

QuoteI second Mandle re testing. Are you considering spoken dialog?

Project Beach House will most likely feature full voice acting.

We aren't quite up to that point yet, However feel free to PM me about it if you're interested regardless.

More updates coming soon!

Slasher

A fascinating story line and great to know progress is on schedule (nod)

Maybe a summer release ;)

Glenjamin

It's a big day for PBH everyone!

We've made our steam greenlight page : Link

Come check us out and drop a vote, every view counts!

Slasher

SilverSpook

Great job guys!  Very Thimbleweed Park-esque.  Good luck with Greenlight!

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: SilverSpook on Sun 30/04/2017 20:30:10
Great job guys!  Very Thimbleweed Park-esque.

Hah, I imagine people now have a new game in the list of titles to compare other games to, along with Maniac Mansion, Monkey Island and King's Quest :).

Frodo

The game looks great.  :grin:

Any plans for a DRM-free release?  Making it steam-only will prevent many of us from playing it.  :sad:

Glenjamin

QuoteGreat job guys!  Very Thimbleweed Park-esque.  Good luck with Greenlight!
QuoteHah, I imagine people now have a new game in the list of titles to compare other games to, along with Maniac Mansion, Monkey Island and King's Quest :).

You guys are just a little off. Shoutouts to "I have no mouth but I must scream", one of the sp00kiest adventure game ever (laugh)

Quote from: Frodo on Mon 01/05/2017 11:25:37
The game looks great.  :grin:
Any plans for a DRM-free release?  Making it steam-only will prevent many of us from playing it.  :sad:

Good thinking Frodo!

We'll look into platforms like humble bundle and itch.io.

If you or anyone else have a preferred or recommended platform we'll gladly look into it!

Glenjamin

We're very close to releasing the first public demo of PBH!

In the meantime, we'd like to show you the main players in the game after level three...

Introducing the first cult...

“There's a reason why the 1% remain the 1%.”

Marshall was an extremely successful entrepreneur, and is considered to be the person who set the entire cult movement into full swing.

Upon purchasing a modest private island, he noticed mysterious artifacts routinely washed upon the island's southern shore.

One of which, ‘The Mask of the God', gave him an unnatural amount of luck. It seemed like every business decision he made from then on was fruitful, and his finances quadrupled.

The mask began to be known as a symbol of wealth and power. Marshall's friends and powerful world figures began to revel in their wealth, hosting lavish parties.

Ever since, Marshall has led The Opulence Regime, and financed research on the artifacts, as well as the other cults.

He's the most rational of the leaders, and doesn't seem entirely happy with the overly religious way things turned out. You might want to talk to him first.

Glenjamin

In the meantime, we'd like to show you the main players in the game after level three...

Introducing the second cult...

“We are all the same in the eyes of the God.”

‘The Children of the Void' first came into prevalence when the first member, Francis, discovered a small, marble-like item affectionately named ‘The Eye of God'.

This mysterious artifact turned Francis' skin jet black, and obscured all facial features with swirls of red energy.

Using ‘The Eye of God', Francis has the ability to imbue his follower's robes with a similar power, obscuring the face of anyone who wears them.

The Children of the Void consist mostly of those who have been discriminated against for their physical appearance, seeking refuge in the anonymity given to them by their robes.

The Children of the Void tend to be a little tense around visitors who show their face. Try not to flaunt your personality too much around them, if you know what's good for you.

Glenjamin

Introducing the third cult...

“In our endless pursuit of knowledge in the world around us, we've forgotten so much about ourselves.”

The Regressors were first established after a group of entrepreneurs led by Delia seceded from The Opulence Regime.

Delia's artifact, ‘The Source of All Life', heightened her senses to extreme degrees. She's able to detect people's emotions and intentions by sensing their hormone levels.
Thus, she's revered by the regressors and a higher form of humanity.

The regressors felt like modern life and technology have reduced their humanity, so they retreated  into the woods to be more in touch with nature and their primal ancestors.

They have very little interest in politics with the other cults and would rather spend their days leading simple independent lives. It will be difficult getting them to take your side.

Glenjamin

Introducing the fourth cult...

“The end is nigh, but we'll be prepared!”

The Onyx Successors was first established when their leader, Ray, predicted that their god would appear on the southern shore of Marshall's island, and usher in the apocalypse.

Only true believers would be spared, thus they began their great mission to enter the deep tunnels of the island's mountain, where they would be sheltered from the God's wrath.

The Onyx Successors pride themselves in athleticism and survival techniques, as they'll need to be prepared to make new lives in the wreckage the apocalypse leaves behind..

Ray's artifact, ‘The God's Pendulum', made him physically smaller, lighter, and increased his reflexes. He's able to move around silently, and has proved to be an effective assassin. Keep your eyes peeled, he might be watching.

Slasher

This is going to turn out to be quite a game....

Love the additional chapters (nod)

Don't let us down by going awol (laugh)

Mandle

OMG!!! This game is turning into something that looks truly ground-breaking!

GO GO GO!!!

Glenjamin

Introducing the fifth cult...

“The world is ours if we have the strength to take it.”

The Ambition Congregation was first established after their leader, Dolf was given ‘The God's Albatross' by Marshall.

‘The God's Albatross' made severe changes to Dolf's body chemistry, making him unnaturally tall and giving him superhuman strength.

He now leads a group of people who value physical perfection and artisan skills above all else.  They host routine brawls in the town square, and are known for some of the finest woodworking the world has ever seen.

Despite new artifacts being found all the time, no new cults have arisen since The Ambition Congregation came to be. 

Glenjamin

The Project Beach House public demo is almost done!
Here's what we've been working on...

Welcome to the sacred beach!

Here, you will be able to pick which cult you'd like to tour first,

You can return here at any time to visit a different cult, but there will be other methods of moving in between them.

Mysterious note cards have been scattered throughout the first three levels of the game.

Each one contains valuable knowledge about what lies ahead, or what happened in the past. 

Keep an eye out, these notes could be anywhere!

Sarah's mechanics are implemented:

Sarah is now capable of giving you hints, and helping you solve puzzles!

Some things Dan just can't do, luckily Sarah is here to save the day!

More updates are on their way!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk