Maniac Mansion Deluxe music

Started by Revean, Mon 24/04/2017 12:00:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Revean

So I could not find the answer anywhere and I'm not quite sure I should post this here, but I did not find the "help" section so mods feel free to move this thread.
Anyhow I cannot find a way to launch the game with the music, and the only thing that I hear are sound effects, which got me wondering if there is any music at all. Care to enlighten me?
I am using windows 8.1 if that's any help

Danvzare

Well there is music, but very little of it.
There's mostly just ambience.
If you can hear the music that plays on the intro movie, then it should be working just fine.

Revean

There is no way to add midi music from the NES version into this one? It would really make a difference playing the game  :undecided:

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Revean on Tue 25/04/2017 12:49:03
There is no way to add midi music from the NES version into this one? It would really make a difference playing the game  :undecided:

You could do a lifehack and play your favourite music in background. :)

Danvzare

Quote from: Revean on Tue 25/04/2017 12:49:03
Well I suppose you could take out the Music.VOX file to stop the default music from playing, then open up a media player and play the NES music that way.
You could even hack together your own Music.VOX file and swap it with the official one. To change the soundtracks of the various rooms.
But other than that, I don't think there's any way to do what you want. The creators clearly thought that the NES soundtrack detracted from the original game. Although personally, I think they should have included parts of it in some shape or form.

Cmdr

Quote from: Danvzare on Tue 25/04/2017 13:28:18
Well I suppose you could take out the Music.VOX file to stop the default music from playing, [...]
I think the game wouldn't start anymore, when the music.vox is missing.
But you could disable the music with the winsetup.exe

Danvzare

Quote from: Cmdr on Wed 26/04/2017 07:57:16
Quote from: Danvzare on Tue 25/04/2017 13:28:18
Well I suppose you could take out the Music.VOX file to stop the default music from playing, [...]
I think the game wouldn't start anymore, when the music.vox is missing.
But you could disable the music with the winsetup.exe
Ah, thanks for correcting me. I've never had to disable the music before, so I wasn't quite sure how you would go about doing that. :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk