MAGS May "The Fickle Hand Of Fate" (RESULTS)

Started by Stupot, Mon 01/05/2017 04:47:11

Previous topic - Next topic

What was your favourite game of MAGS May

Magic-8-Ball by Mandle
2 (20%)
The Fickle Hands of Fate by LostTrainDude
8 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Voting closed: Thu 15/06/2017 06:06:19

Stupot

Okay, The contest is over. Let the voting begin:
Vote using the poll above.

Magic-8-Ball by Mandle
The Fickle Hands of Fate by LostTrainDude

Thanks guys. And thanks to Mandle for making this a two-horse race.

Mandle

I just played The Fickle Hands Of Fate and found it very charming. As has been mentioned, it's a small segment from a larger story, and I felt I could sense the background of the story from the hints given by the characters, which made me want to play the whole thing!

So, well done indeed!

LostTrainDude

Thanks Mandle!
And, after a few hours of sleep, here I am again, tempting fate...

GOTY!

Spoiler
Nice one! I didn't really know what to expect reading the summary :D

It reminded me of this short movie from a few years ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jOU3m_tHtQ
[close]

"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing."

Riaise

Mandle, your game has a great concept and is really well done for the short amount of time you had to complete it! Great work! ;-D

LostTrainDude, I loved the story in your game! I really want to find out more about Fate and her journey. I thought the interface was done really well and the graphics were lovely. Very well done! ;-D

LostTrainDude

Thanks a million, Riaise!
I hope to bring you more of Fate in the future :)

Also, I agree with you! Mandle's entry is great especially considering the amount of time he worked on it!
"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing."

Slasher

I played both games and each had their own merits.

Enjoyed both.... Mandle: I did notice 'type' change after about 4 seconds...(laugh)

It's difficult to pick a winner but I guess we need to look at all the merits for both games and what went into the game...

Will be voting soon..

Well done guys (nod)

Mandle

Cheers for all comments!

Also, don't forget that just because the voting is automated that the game devs still appreciate feedback on who voted for what and why. And their thoughts on each game, for better or worse...

The worst feeling is when you put a game out and feel so high on releasing something, and then mostly silence... So please leave a comment either here, on the game release forum, or on the game page itself, as well as your vote if possible...

Mandle

Quote from: LostTrainDude on Thu 01/06/2017 11:37:58
It reminded me of this short movie from a few years ago:
Spoiler

I had not seen that film until just now. I just checked it out and OMG it both scared the shit out of me, and also freaked me out about how similar the story is...

The film's story is much better done of course, but still... Freaky as hell about the coincidence, and now I have to have fun nightmares about the film... :-D

Stupot

Last chance to get your votes in, girls and boys.

Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

done

well done guys for getting them complete!

Stupot

Voting has finished and the results are as follows:

• Magic-8-Ball by Mandle - 2 votes
• The Fickle Hands of Fate by LostTrainDude - 8 votes

Well done LTD. You will be contacted soon about choosing a topic for July.
Thanks to all the participants and voters.

LostTrainDude

Thank you all for your votes!

It is such a short game but it was challenging to work on :)

Also, thanks again to Mandle who jumped in and delivered his work in so few hours!

Mandle

Congratz LTD!!! Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Riaise

Congratulations, LostTrainDude! That was a really lovely game. And well done again to Mandle for getting a game finished in that tiny amount of time! :-D

DBoyWheeler

Grats to LTD.  Hopefully the June one will have more to vote for.  I look forward to see how many games will be completed for June's theme!

And I also look forward to LTD's theme for July.

Blondbraid

Congrats to LTD, you made a nice game!
But your entry wasn't bad either, Mandle!

Slasher

Two nice entries this month, both completely different.

Well done guys (nod)

Mandle

Quote from: Slasher on Sat 17/06/2017 11:22:26

Well done guys (nod)

I think I beat the Slasher time record as well... (laugh)

Slasher

Quote from: Mandle on Sat 17/06/2017 15:20:06
Quote from: Slasher on Sat 17/06/2017 11:22:26

Well done guys (nod)

I think I beat the Slasher time record as well... (laugh)

On a time basis yes but not content, but I will give you a temporary Crown for your time (laugh)

The Slasher ;)

LostTrainDude

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk