desktop image

Started by DragonRose, Wed 16/04/2003 22:33:03

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonRose

This is going to be the desktop image for my main character's computer

Those three people are her best friends, and members in her band, (from left to right) the drummer, the bass player and the lead guitarist.

Toronto can be seen in the background.  :D

The main character's finger may be seen at the bottom right  ;D(it's supposed to be a crappy snapshot)

I'm not too pleased with the shading, however.  Any help any one could give me would cause me to love them forever. :-*

Not that way, you sicko!
Sssshhhh!!! No sex please, we're British!!- Pumaman

Quickstrike

Make the lines for their clothes and skin a little less wavy.
"You know something people,  I'm not black, but there's a whole buncha times I wish I could say 'I'm not white'"-Frank Zappa, "Trouble Every Day"

Scummbuddy

I think that the guy on the right 's arms needs adjustment.  Both seem to be a little off.  his left arm seems to be on both sides of the girl, like the girls leg should come over more on his arm/sleeve.  I'd also widen the top of his right arm (the one towards us)

I really like this picture.  I think it was well done.
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Neole

I love the image as it is! Except for the blurred background which I would have preferred in the same style as the front characters.

Matt Brown

nice

hey, that drummer looks a lot like me...and I thought he was the one that dies...

* Mr.Panda hides
word up

remixor

I don't know how easy it would be, but maybe you could smooth out the lines a bit?  Other than that, I think it looks fantastic!  Good luck with the rest of your game.
Writer, Idle Thumbs!! - "We're probably all about video games!"
News Editor, Adventure Gamers

blacksoul

The girl's left arm is too long!
And i can't see where her left arm ends...
that's all

Proskrito

the image is great, but i think the shades on the left guy´s shirt are a bit saturated. And it looks a bit strange to me that there are so much detail in noses, eyes, lips, etc... and the rest of the picture has a more-blurred style.
But i think it looks great!!
(edit: i wrote 'shit' instead of 'shirt'...)

SSH

Firstly, love the pic, shadind and blurry effects. However...

Drummer has a blackhead on his forehead and Bass player has drool on her bottom lip... and the girls arm has been cut off as blacksoul said.

DragonRose

Arm problem- Eek! I thought I'd fixed that. Erm... she's an amputee?  

SSH: It's not drool, it's a piercing.  But I do have to fix the random black pixels.  I'll post a fixed up version soon.
Sssshhhh!!! No sex please, we're British!!- Pumaman

Vel

Remove the blur effect. Otherwise, it is great.

Soft, Gooey, Delicious.

You should add a nail to the blurred out finger. As it stands I didn't realise what it was until I read what you'd written.
Kant was a dirty deontologist fuck.
the fade.
Yeeha!
Call me...  now

n3tgraph

lol@drool ;D ;D

I first thought it was some kind of lip gloss and it looks pretty cool :)
but when SSH said something with drool hahaha :) lol :)
* N3TGraph airguitars!

MrColossal

i think you just need to clean up those edges

there are many strayed pixels, unless you want it like that

and also pick a light source and stick with it, there are lots of conflicting shadows on those people

also use more contrasty colours, you can barely see their facial features and the lines in their pants are almost non existant

and it's 5 am i have to sleep
"This must be a good time to live in, since Eric bothers to stay here at all"-CJ also: ACHTUNG FRANZ!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk