Author Topic: Neofeud 2 - Support Development, get Neofeud 1 50% off now!  (Read 22898 times)

Re: Neofeud 2 AKA Dysmaton
« Reply #160 on: 09 May 2018, 22:58 »
Been taking a short break from working on Neofeud 2, but for a good cause!

I just interviewed William Gibson. The future is unevenly distributed, but the author of Neuromancer et al. has graciously fenced some atemporal sci-fi-continuum to Silver Spook.

Podcast coming here: https://www.youtube.com/user/twiliteminotaur

Quote from: Fitz
Look at how far you've gotten with your podcast! From chatting with the little ol' me to interviewing to your idol! In under 20 episodes! The big question now is: who do you interview NOW?! Hm... Rutger Hauer? Keanu Reeves? The digitized consciousness of Stephen Hawking?

I was joking with a friend of mine, "So now that you've interviewed William Gibson, how do you top that as cyberpunk podcasts go?"

I was like, "Maybe I could interview Keanu Reeves, and we do the entire interview both in Matrix-shades (I have my pinhole glasses version)."

He was like, "No man, even that is not as epic. You cannot get more legendary than the Gibson interview."

"Well, I guess I can interview God, or like, the digital H+ superintelligence post-singularity God-Machine, or the gestalt of Wintermute and Neuromancer."

"Yeah, sorry man. You've reached your peak."

:D

I am going to look into Keanu though. I actually do know someone who knows him, and we are both Hawaiian. :)
« Last Edit: 09 May 2018, 23:01 by SilverSpook »

selmiak

• ǝsıɔɹǝxǝ ʞɔǝu puɐ uıɐɹq
    • I can help with play testing
    •  
    • I can help with proof reading
    •  
    • I can help with translating
    •  
    • I can help with web design
    •  
    • selmiak worked on a game that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #161 on: 10 May 2018, 12:03 »
wow, that's just awesome, can't wait for that interview :D

« Reply #162 on: 21 May 2018, 01:26 »

My William Gibson Interview, Living Near Active Volcano, And More! We now return to your regularly scheduled program :)

« Reply #163 on: 26 May 2018, 23:08 »
Going to be streaming work on this tomorrow, 5/27 around 12 PM Pacific! Come say hi and hang out! :D

https://www.youtube.com/user/twiliteminotaur

« Reply #164 on: 28 May 2018, 08:18 »
In case you missed it :)

« Reply #165 on: 03 Jun 2018, 07:25 »
Neofeud 2 work-in-progress. The green and blue is more evenly distributed... for a time. :D

I will be streaming tomorrow around 9 PM Pacific here: https://www.youtube.com/user/twiliteminotaur

Stupot

•  
    •  
    • I can help with story design
    •  
    • I can help with voice acting
    •  
« Reply #166 on: 03 Jun 2018, 09:58 »
I always thought Dysmaton was Neofeud 2.

Oh well, loving the new screens :-)

« Reply #167 on: 04 Jun 2018, 07:01 »
Thanks Stupot! Yeah, they actually were distinct games at one point, but as of now they are the same game. It's better this way. :)

Here's the latest stream with a special shoutout for AGS's own Sick Chicken Studios upcoming epic p-n-c Guard Duty. Wishlist it now! :D

Also an update on the volcano that's erupting a few miles from us (we are ok!), and a bunch on Neofeud 2, etc..

Cassiebsg

• Cavefish
  • Fleeing the Cylon tyrrany...
    • Cassiebsg worked on a game that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #168 on: 04 Jun 2018, 20:23 »
Oh, lovely BG as usual! (nod)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

« Reply #169 on: 09 Jun 2018, 23:29 »
Thanks Cassie. :)  Here is another one!

Hand painting all of this for Neofeud 2 takes ages, but I'm always happy with the surreal/impressionistic effect. Trying to go for more something more consistent and readable, but still hallucinatory. Also, yes there may be a bit of a Monkey Island vibe going on here. I'm from an actual tropical island so I have all the reference in the world. :)

(Here's the still version)

« Reply #170 on: 09 Jun 2018, 23:43 »
Wow, that place looks both gorgeous and weird! 8-0

Cassiebsg

• Cavefish
  • Fleeing the Cylon tyrrany...
    • Cassiebsg worked on a game that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #171 on: 10 Jun 2018, 00:09 »
Wish I could paint just half of that. (nod)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

« Reply #172 on: 10 Jun 2018, 11:59 »
Thanks Cassie. :)  Here is another one!

Hand painting all of this for Neofeud 2 takes ages, but I'm always happy with the surreal/impressionistic effect. Trying to go for more something more consistent and readable, but still hallucinatory. Also, yes there may be a bit of a Monkey Island vibe going on here. I'm from an actual tropical island so I have all the reference in the world. :)

(Here's the still version)

Is that Proto-J from the first Neofeud down in the lower right corner?

selmiak

• ǝsıɔɹǝxǝ ʞɔǝu puɐ uıɐɹq
    •  
    •  
    • I can help with translating
    •  
    • I can help with web design
    •  
    • selmiak worked on a game that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #173 on: 10 Jun 2018, 14:55 »
this is cool. I like weird constructions like this. And this is not the critiques lounge, still let me tell you when the bus is so close to the waterline it is very hard to read where that bus is, if it is a giant bus on the shore in the background or part of the construction. I'd just move the whole building up a few more pixels so that there is a gap between the bus and the horizont. or move the building also to the left, rule of thirds like...
Keep it up!

Is that vulcano by any chance inspired by recent event in hawaii? But then, when I see something like this in a game I also want to visit this place in game, to forge the one ring or to melt proto-J like the terminator in T2 ;)

« Reply #174 on: 11 Jun 2018, 12:51 »

Is that Proto-J from the first Neofeud down in the lower right corner?

Very nice catch, mkennedy!

@Selmiak: Thanks for the suggestion, I see what you mean about the bus' position, will see about modifying the water level or bus level. The scene itself isn't quite final at any rate and I'll be adding and changing things a bit more before it's shipped.

@Blondbraid & Cassie: Thanks! :)

« Reply #175 on: 18 Jun 2018, 22:46 »

Re: Neofeud 2 - Support Development, get Neofeud 1 50% off now!
« Reply #176 on: 22 Jun 2018, 01:46 »
My cyberpunk adventure game Neofeud about my experiences growing up a POC in an American ghetto then working with homeless and immigrants is on sale all over the place today! Any money that you give me (I am the writer/artist/programmer/etc.. all the money goes to me) is going to go straight into cleaning our water catchment tubes which are full of leaves, and so the water comes out like arboreal tea and smells like old dogs when we wash our clothes, lol. 😂 😭

Neofeud on Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/673850/Neofeud/
Neofeud on Itch: https://silverspook.itch.io/neofeud

I'm also featured in this article on Polygon discussing why big game companies deal so poorly with political topics and social commentary in games:

"Christian Miller released Neofeud, which melds politics and social ideas in a cyberpunk world. He says the way big companies address divisive issues is 'a little a silly. They want to say, "we’re just making fun entertainment." It’s disingenuous'"

https://www.polygon.com/2018/6/20/17480666/video-games-companies-lying-politics

« Reply #177 on: 24 Jun 2018, 06:41 »
EDIT: Oops forgot the art!

Latest Neofeud 2 art! I call this, "The Wall".

I'm going to be livestreaming work on Neofeud 2 tomorrow and hanging out. Do stop in! https://www.youtube.com/user/twiliteminotaur

Also, if you'd like to be on the Silver Spook podcast,  I'm hoping to interview an indie cyberpunk/sci-fi gamedev or other creator during this big Itch & Steam Sale, to help boost some signal for fellow devs. Reply here or message, etc!

Here's that last podcast I did with William Gibson, author of Neuromancer, etc.: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhkoIwKs5P

(Don't worry, you don't have to be a living cyberpunk legend or anything, lol)
« Last Edit: 24 Jun 2018, 20:24 by SilverSpook »

« Reply #178 on: 24 Jun 2018, 15:24 »
First pic of neofeud 2 thats Jeff Bridges. First man on left...lol
« Last Edit: 24 Jun 2018, 15:28 by sawyer »

« Reply #179 on: 29 Jun 2018, 03:19 »
May be of interest to anyone developing or interested in getting into indie game development, especially regarding business, marketing, and attempting to make it as a sustainable indie game company, based on my own experiences running Silver Spook Games. Steam vs. Itch vs. Gog, crowdfunding, things to help get your game selling, when to expect it to sell, etc.