Neofeud 2

Started by SilverSpook, Sun 21/05/2017 07:17:41

Previous topic - Next topic

dactylopus

Not a bad title at all.  For some reason I keep wanting to insert an "R" into it, Dysmatron.  Still, I like it.  It's original.

SilverSpook

Yeah, I had about 200 name ideas, but I've settled on this for a few reasons.  "Dysmaton" is an utterly non-existent (not even in any other languge) word, it's short, it suggests dystopia / dysfunction, stuff going generally wrong or brokenness. And machines (automaton) being the root cause. Or alternatively, Dysma-ton 'the place of dismalness' (like Charleston, Kingston, Brighton).

Here's the updated title:

alphadalekben

I like the new title. I was interested to see if / how you might have the portmanteau method, a la 'Neofeud'.

You've sort of answered this already, but are you using 'Forgotten City' in any way?

SilverSpook

@alphadalekben: I'm not currently using "Forgotten City" right now, no.  I am listing Dysmaton on itch.io, the Silver Spook Games site, etc. as "Dysmaton - Formerly 'Forgotten City'" so that people who saw or played FC will know that Dysmaton is the same thing.  I suppose there might be a subtitle later if it makes sense.

SilverSpook

Latest progress on Dysmaton!  I call it, "Crashed and burnt."

Bonus: be the first to find and name all the Easter Eggs in the pic and get a shout out on the Dysmaton site. ;)

selmiak

there is some giger imagery on on screen and a neufeud title screen, a green colored number matrix like the matrix, and some funny joysticks that are computer controllers, not spaceship controllers...

SilverSpook

Quote from: selmiak on Sun 23/07/2017 07:27:03
there is some giger imagery on on screen and a neufeud title screen, a green colored number matrix like the matrix, and some funny joysticks that are computer controllers, not spaceship controllers...

Very good eye, sir! Almost got'em all- but not quite! :D

Blondbraid

Quote from: SilverSpook on Sun 23/07/2017 07:48:40

Very good eye, sir! Almost got'em all- but not quite! :D
I spotted a Neofeud Easter egg too! :)

horusr

Is there a stick dog plays with a stick man sitting on floor?

SilverSpook

@BlondBraid: ;)

@Horusr: Hm, I'm not sure what that is... Thanks for playing, though!

horusr

selmiak

there is some giger imagery on on screen

and a firefly title screen above it. No idea what is above the neofeud titlescreen though. the middle filebrowser folder structure is from some telnet bbs or so?
and you just mirrored the blue screen on the top row ;)

SilverSpook

@Horusr: Ah, I see. :)

@Selmiak: Yep!  The one above the Neofeud screen is one.  I'm sure someone on the AGS board would know it. ;)  And once you figure that one out, there's one other Easter Egg.

Hobo

Quote from: SilverSpook on Sun 23/07/2017 20:45:17
The one above the Neofeud screen is one.  I'm sure someone on the AGS board would know it.
I'm 100% sure that Cassiebsg knows what it is, unless she has trouble reimagining it.

It's a great backround, so much detail, so many things to discover.

Cassiebsg

I do have trouble reimagining it, yes... but yes, I thought it looked like the neothingy.... (roll)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Stupot

Either I have a dirty mind or that is a cock 'n' balls beneath the Firefly screen.

[edit]Yep. Dirty mind. I've just realised that's the Giger image Selmiak mentioned :-:

SilverSpook

@Hobo: Thanks! Took a while to work, and not quite finished yet. :)

Hm, there's still technically two Easter Eggs missing. You guys can do it, I believe in you! :D

Stupot

Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

Wow Silverspook,  this project is getting more and more tempting. The last background you posted (Control/Cockpit) is really sweet, so much details for the eye to catch. Atmosphere and mood spot on as I would expect from you.
Keep it up!

SilverSpook

Thanks Tycho. ;)

Alright, since it seems it's a bit trickier than I first thought, here's the full-resolution version of this scene.  In addition to getting a kudos on the Dysmaton site, if you get all the Easter Eggs, I'll give you a copy of the Neofeud Short Story Collection. ;)

EDIT oops!  Forgot the full res image.  Here it is: http://i.imgur.com/iuTKXtq.jpg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk