mhoczny dom

Started by KiraHaraReturns, Mon 22/05/2017 12:41:08

Previous topic - Next topic

KiraHaraReturns

"Mhoczny dom" is a mystery riddle solving game that contains three different endings and took me about 4 years to complete. You can also take part in the development process and send me Your suggestions. If You are interested, go to https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mb93y5mmhetppew/AADrbeA-oEd9CAqLAgkgfwF3a?dl=0 and get the zipped game-file for free.

Kumpel

Awesome! Congratulations on the release! I'll give it a try very soon! 8-)

May I ask if you will find time now to continue developing kira hara 2? :)

Mandle

YAY! I've been waiting for this one ever since I fell in love with the graphics in WiP thread ages ago!

Tabata

YAY! - downloading :cool:
Congatulation on the release!
Your graphics are amazing!

Dainipponjin

Really enjoyed the game, thank you for making it.
What's the best score one can get? I got 67 at the point of meeting a masked man.

Several technical suggestions:

Spoiler

1. A player can still use Map and move around the mansion during encounter with a masked man. It shouldn't be allowed probably;
2. There is no track name of background music on Ending 2 (Mr. Zmora) screen;
3. Using hair clip with electric socket outputs wrong textbox about a door (http://i.imgur.com/5wsfTOq.png);
4. I wonder if its possible to make points decrease (in case of using Hint button) across all savefiles of a current playthrough? A player can use Hint button and reload to gain points back.
5. Savefiles could not be loaded from the main menu, they are only visible ingame (once a new game is started).
[close]

Kumpel

@Dainipponjin
Due to some bugs you can have infinte points. := But I got 67 too at my second playthrough.

KiraHaraReturns

Quote from: Kumpel on Mon 22/05/2017 13:24:08
May I ask if you will find time now to continue developing kira hara 2? :)
Kira Hara 2 is going to be my next top-notch game ;)

Quote from: Dainipponjin on Thu 08/06/2017 07:54:32
Really enjoyed the game, thank you for making it.
What's the best score one can get? I got 67 at the point of meeting a masked man.

Several technical suggestions:

Spoiler

1. A player can still use Map and move around the mansion during encounter with a masked man. It shouldn't be allowed probably;
2. There is no track name of background music on Ending 2 (Mr. Zmora) screen;
3. Using hair clip with electric socket outputs wrong textbox about a door (http://i.imgur.com/5wsfTOq.png);
4. I wonder if its possible to make points decrease (in case of using Hint button) across all savefiles of a current playthrough? A player can use Hint button and reload to gain points back.
5. Savefiles could not be loaded from the main menu, they are only visible ingame (once a new game is started).
[close]
Thank you for playing MD. You won, I got only 66 points :)

Shadow1000

I just finished playing this game. I enjoyed the experience thoroughly.

I don't know if this is the intention but this really reminds me of games I played on the Apple ][ back in the mid 80s. I am absolutely amazed at the artistic skill of imposing an immersive environment using nothing but white pixels! Complete with animation in some areas and everything! HOW do you convert some white dotted lines into a toilet....?

As far as the storyline: exactly what you would have expected in the genre. Nothing groundbreaking but a good enough plot to pull the player along as the story unfolds.

I have to mention that I really like games where there is a lot of rooms to explore. This one definitely qualifies.

The puzzles were set at a very good difficulty level. I found many of them to be slightly challenging but I did manage to complete the game with only two from the forum. I sent the author my opinion of one of them and why I did not think of the solution but either way, considering the length of the game one or 2 puzzles that need help is not unreasonable.

Overall, I strongly recommend playing this game.

Stupot

Concrats on the release. I'm downloading it now. Are you not planning to put it on the AGS database?

helpessfool

I've been trying out your game, though I keep getting stuck fairly early. Also I'm having a hard time switching between objects in use mode. It keeps getting stuck on the first object I pick to use.

I do have to say, the aesthetics of the game are amazing.

KiraHaraReturns

Quote from: helpessfool on Thu 15/06/2017 19:33:13
I've been trying out your game, though I keep getting stuck fairly early. Also I'm having a hard time switching between objects in use mode. It keeps getting stuck on the first object I pick to use.
thank you for your suggestions. If you've got stuck, you can put the hint-option to use. The actions order is "look at" -> "interact" and after interacting with an item from the inventory -> "use item", I think, the problem is, that the last chosen item does always appear. I will put this issue on the todo-list for the final version.

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Wed 14/06/2017 22:45:28
I just finished playing this game. I enjoyed the experience thoroughly.

I don't know if this is the intention but this really reminds me of games I played on the Apple ][ back in the mid 80s. I am absolutely amazed at the artistic skill of imposing an immersive environment using nothing but white pixels! Complete with animation in some areas and everything! HOW do you convert some white dotted lines into a toilet....?

As far as the storyline: exactly what you would have expected in the genre. Nothing groundbreaking but a good enough plot to pull the player along as the story unfolds.

I have to mention that I really like games where there is a lot of rooms to explore. This one definitely qualifies.

The puzzles were set at a very good difficulty level. I found many of them to be slightly challenging but I did manage to complete the game with only two from the forum. I sent the author my opinion of one of them and why I did not think of the solution but either way, considering the length of the game one or 2 puzzles that need help is not unreasonable.

Overall, I strongly recommend playing this game.
Thank you for playing and enjoying MD and contributing new aspects to the prospective final version. btw, creating pixelated black and white graphics is some kind of meditation for me, therefore I'm able to spend hours setting each pixel where it belongs, nonetheless I'm not happy about every room in my game.

Quote from: Stupot+ on Thu 15/06/2017 09:03:31
Concrats on the release. I'm downloading it now. Are you not planning to put it on the AGS database?
I would like to put the very final version on the ags-db

KiraHaraReturns

Quote from: Dainipponjin on Sun 06/08/2017 19:06:09
Made a speedrun of MD. :)

https://youtu.be/MAFzkT8anO8
well done but I think, I could beat your time using the map adequately :)
Today I improvised some theme music for the final version: https://youtu.be/nrAO_ytdfRM

CyberUncleCat

Now this is something great. Pixel art consisting of only black and white. It's very difficult to make something out of this, and maybe not all rooms are great but most of them are really well done.

I feel inspired by this type of presentation. Good challenge.

Whats the exact resolution of this and your other game (Kira Hara 2)if i may ask?

KiraHaraReturns

Quote from: CyberUncleCat on Fri 29/09/2017 21:34:08
Now this is something great. Pixel art consisting of only black and white. It's very difficult to make something out of this, and maybe not all rooms are great but most of them are really well done.

I feel inspired by this type of presentation. Good challenge.

Whats the exact resolution of this and your other game (Kira Hara 2)if i may ask?
MH is set to 320x240 and KH2 should be better fitted to mobile devices so I decided to make it in a 428x240 resolution but the old screenshots you've probably seen are made in 320x200

KyriakosCH

Looks very interesting... I will try this today :)

Edit: I now visited around 20 rooms. Nice atmosphere :)

Spoiler
And very stylish animations in the intro... My only criticism is that there is a huge number of rooms, which -- in my case; others may easily not identify it as worth criticism -- does make it difficult to suspend disbelief.
[close]

Well done!
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk