A R C H E O S #AdvJam2017

Started by Atavismus, Mon 22/05/2017 16:03:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Atavismus

Quote from: Pilchard on Fri 02/06/2017 18:19:07
I enjoyed this, especially the dialogue - the spurious theories about life on Earth were fun. Strong art and music, too - all made for a nicely atmospheric short game.

Well done - and congratulations on being nominated for the Adventure Jam judges' picks!

Double thx Pilchard!
We didn't noticed about the nomination. :)

selmiak

avast went crazy over these gamefiles.
but finally I could play it and it's really nice. I like the backgrounds and characters, the writing is funny, though a bit too much sometimes, the puzzles are more on the easy side, the soundtrack is cool and fitting, overall a great game.

I recorded a playthrough of the game! :-D

Atavismus

Thx for your words and videos Selmiak, really glad you like it!
It's always fun to watch people play your game. :)

Sorry about that "false positive", I don't know why avast is sometimes such crazy (some ppl also mentioned it, still with avast).
But maybe ibispi put a naked picture of peder in the build, I don't know...

Hobo

Loved the visual style, very well crafted, and combined with the music it helped to create a wonderful and fitting atmosphere. The animations were a bit wonky here and there, like walking animation playing while talking etc., but nothing too annoying or immersion breaking.
The writing was enjoyable, bunch of good jokes and neat references, but I think I spotted a few typos and at times there was too much of it, especially when you clicked on something a second time and had to go through all the same text again.
Puzzles and gameplay were kind of on the light side, but considering the time constraints, that's perfectly normal. That one-click interface probably made the game feel sort of more limited than your traditional adventure. But to be honest, I think I actually prefer easier and more logical adventures these days :)

Overall, great work! It's an excellent jam game and it's good to see that it ranked quite high in the competition.

I also had some issues with Avast, it didn't like any of the AGS-made adventure jam games in fact.

Quote from: Atavismus on Sat 27/05/2017 13:06:22
Who are Seamus, Pangloss and Elon for example?
Only Elon I know is Musk :)

Atavismus

Hi Hobo!

Good to hear from you. ;)
Thx for your feedbacks and kind words.

Quote from: Hobo on Wed 05/07/2017 20:54:47
especially when you clicked on something a second time and had to go through all the same text again.
Yeah, that's the main issue imo.
We were aware of it, but as you guessed, we lacked time (we started very late).

Puzzles and gameplay were kind of on the light side, but considering the time constraints, that's perfectly normal. That one-click interface probably made the game feel sort of more limited than your traditional adventure. But to be honest, I think I actually prefer easier and more logical adventures these days :)
Well, that was more or less in purpose: I wanted to focus on the dialogs.
I guess too much puzzles (and harder ones) would have spoil the fun.
In fact, it seems more and more people like to play "easy" adventure game, more like interactive fiction (nothing blocking, you cross "quietly"/"smoothly" the story).
I don't know myself what to think about it, so I wanted to experience it.
But I still don't know. :D

I also had some issues with Avast, it didn't like any of the AGS-made adventure jam games in fact.
Yeah, that's annoying, not sure the ags dev team can do something about it.

Only Elon I know is Musk :)
Yes, that's him indeed. ;)

Gendgi

This was fun and the atmosphere is great, too bad it was too short :)

Thanyx

The graphics, the jokes and references, solid consistent characters. Everything was way too perfect for my taste. Just as it should be. As many people already said, it would be cool if the game was longer, although it is acceptable since it has been created in such a short time. I definitely loved it!

Ibispi

Thanks, Gendgi and Thanyx!
Also, I'd like to thank Hobo since he pointed out some typos and we fixed them thanks to him. Great guy.

Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

Well done with this guys, I have not had a chance to try it yet, but will do so this week.
Looks very very impressive and professional!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk