Goodbye AGS community

Started by Mouth for war, Tue 23/05/2017 06:42:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Mouth for war

Thank you all so much for the warm welcome!
Well I haven't been up to much really. Working and trying to get some game making done. Probably got 4 different projects started by now haha. I'm hopeless :-D
mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in, next to soccer

Cassiebsg

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Mouth for war

Danvzare

Yay, you're back! :-D
We all missed you.

Mouth for war

Matti

Hey Olle. I missed the opportunity to say goodbye, so I'm glad you're back :-D

Mouth for war

You knew I'd come crawling bac ;-D thanks buddy :-)

Mandle

Quote from: Mouth for war on Sun 22/10/2017 12:02:39
Well I haven't been up to much really. Working and trying to get some game making done. Probably got 4 different projects started by now haha. I'm hopeless :-D

?????

What happened to that awesome-looking post-apocalyptic RPG game???

Mouth for war

I burned myself out unfortunately :-( and the more I learned about the software the more I realised how stupid I did the battle system...however...recently i got pathfinding working and that made me consider remaking it with real time battles instead but I don't know....right now i'm doing a toony action rpg with a pirate/fantasy theme. Millions of projects...none gets finished XD I would really benefit from having a dedicated coder so I could focus on all the rest

Cassiebsg

I think you should take a break and try a MAGS, and make sure you finish it on time! Even if it's buggy and not perfect, and only half or less of what you imagined. (nod)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Mandle

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Thu 26/10/2017 15:49:53
I think you should take a break and try a MAGS, and make sure you finish it on time! Even if it's buggy and not perfect, and only half or less of what you imagined. (nod)

The only way I ever get anything released...

Good advice!

Mouth for war

Yeah I guess that's an option but AGS isn't the tool for me to use for what I want to do unfortunately XD

SinSin

Ha ha as if.. in the space of time it's took for me to do my usual drop in, say hi and leave. Mouth has left and come back lol.. Mouth honestly I've done next to nothing with this engine but I'm still around. I think I signed up around the same time as you and since then I have procrastinated and procrastinated. I still call thus place home though. Don't feel pressured to complete anything man just create and be creative and mist importantly share your work man.

*Sin has seen that his phone has tried to make a fool out of him again. It has been noted and his phone has been warned to "Watch his back".
Currently working on a project!

Baron

Quote from: SinSin on Sat 02/12/2017 19:41:26
I still call thus place home though. Don't feel pressured to complete anything man just create and be creative and mist importantly share your work man.

Thus is the mist helpful advice I've seen in a whole. (nod)

Stupot

What's with all the Kiwi accents?

SinSin

It's all part of my mimicing skills got to work for it..
Example..

Yu wunt tht cirtifikit dounchu?.

You want that certificate don't you?
Currently working on a project!

Mouth for war

I am working on a game actually but I can't do it in AGS unfortunately. I wish I could though :D

Mandle

I'm not leaving the community or anything... GOD NO!!!

But I just thought I would post here rather than making a thread:

I'm going to be heading back to Australia until early January come Monday and will not have much access to computers or internet during that time.

During this time though I'm looking forward to sitting down with actual pen and paper to thrash out ideas for a non-digital board game idea I've had chewing at the back of my mind for ages now.

The board game is aimed at the currently thriving adult board game audience

I'm currently in contact with an AMAZING artist from the AGS community who has already done several sketches for card art for the game and I'm loving everything I see from him/her.

I'm planning to hopefully approach board game publishers with a prototype of the game sometime in 2018 if possible, and a digital edition is then a viable option if my grand dream of a published cardboard-and-dice game is realized...

More on this next year but for now:

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all you cool cats here at AGS and see you all again in 2018 with more cool news on this board game project (hopefully soon there will be enough development done on the game that testers can start downloading, printing out, and test-playing the game with family and friends in RL for feedback)...

(Oh, and I'll still be creating stuff with AGS and supporting other's games, and continuing with future planned commercial projects in AGS or other engines that I'm committed to like the "Chronicle Of Innsmouth" sequel ;) )

Stupot

@Mandle
Happy Xmas and new year, mate.
See you when you get back from down under.

Riaise

Merry Christmas, Mandle! Have a great time back in Australia! :-D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk