MAGS June Special Edition "Rescue" (RESULTS)

Started by Stupot, Fri 26/05/2017 02:04:06

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your favourite game of MAGS June?

Rosaura Docelestial: Rescue From Despair
0 (0%)
Hang On
5 (17.2%)
Terror of the Vampire!
7 (24.1%)
The Rotary Club
1 (3.4%)
The Robolovers
10 (34.5%)
Bury Me in the Sand
3 (10.3%)
Bustin' the Bastille
0 (0%)
The Forgotten City
3 (10.3%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Voting closed: Mon 17/07/2017 00:49:19

Mandle

Quote from: DBoyWheeler on Sun 11/06/2017 11:39:15
@Mandle I saw your review, and posted a reply.  Yeah, when you're forced to go solo, there are gonna be mistakes here and there.

Still plenty of time to fix them...

DBoyWheeler

Well, HOPEFULLY I fixed the volume (I hadn't noticed that much a change at my end), but I did fix the character speed and the display text (so the text wouldn't cover the characters in the intro cutscene or the ending).

Mandle

A simple fix for the volume is to change it directly in the audio track's properties pane: 100 is normal volume, 50 is half volume, etc.

DBoyWheeler

Quote from: Mandle on Sun 11/06/2017 23:28:05
A simple fix for the volume is to change it directly in the audio track's properties pane: 100 is normal volume, 50 is half volume, etc.
Okay... let's see if this fixes everything.

SilverSpook

@DBoyWheeler: The game looks great, and Jezus you finished it fast!  I have not had a chance to play anything yet but will get to it by the end of MAGS of course.  Going solo can be rough, let me tell you!

DBoyWheeler

Thanks.

Oh, and I edited my earlier post here so that it would list the title, screenshot, and download link as the rules required.

Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

holy cow you are done already? super fast worker. will try out at some point and let you know how i got on :)

Pilchard

I'm making progress with my MAGS game - here are some character sprites:

It seems like there will be a bumper crop of 'Rescue' games, looking forward to playing them all!

Stupot

Good stuff, Pilch.

We are now halfway through June. How about a round of show-and-tell?

DBoyWheeler

Ooh!  Show and Tell!  That sounds good!

Gurok

I'm sorry, I'm out for this month. Too much has come up (real life stuff) for me. :(
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

Stupot

Quote from: Gurok on Fri 16/06/2017 01:16:35
I'm sorry, I'm out for this month. Too much has come up (real life stuff) for me. :(
Not to worry, G. I'm sure we'll see the Baywatch game in some form or another once you've got the irl stuff sorted :-)

SilverSpook

I'll be live-showing and live-telling tomorrow at 9PM EST as I livestream work on the Silver Spook Games MAGS June entry.  ;)

Link to the channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/twiliteminotaur/videos

Here's a sneak peek for now though:

This is just the tip of the post-apocalyptic sunset-tastic iceberg, comrades.  Just the tip!  ;)

DBoyWheeler

Dang.  Looks like a REALLY sci-fi Mad Max here! 8-0

Eggie

Quote from: Stupot+ on Fri 16/06/2017 00:20:14
We are now halfway through June. How about a round of show-and-tell?

UPDATE:

Design: 100%
Backgrounds: 100%
Character animations: 50%
Writing: 60%
Scav's art skills: 11230%
Eggie's feelings of inadequacy: 98%

Creamy

We have the broad outlines of the game.
So far, Blondbraid has produced lots of amazing art and I've jerry-rigged a few buggy demos.

Because no game on the French revolution is complete without a chopping heads minigame.

Cassiebsg

These are all looking amazing! This looks to be a rich month for MAGS. (nod)
Keep up the good work everybody!
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

SilverSpook

Thanks @Dboy!

Wow that looks amazing Eggie!  Like the character design with the bird's hair also. 

@Creamy Really excited to see how that turns out!  You're in good hands with Blondbraid. ;)

You can see the livestream of me working on this MAGS June entry here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a19EZFU52og

The latest and greatest of sunset-pocalypse!  Now with 200% more decimated space port, spacecraft and broken unobtanium-pipelines spewing radioactive green goo!

Riaise

I don't think I'll be able to finish my game. I haven't had time - or, honestly, the motivation -  to work on it much in the last week or so. If I can get back into it and get something finished then I will do, but just to let you know that it's not looking likely. :(

All the other entries are looking amazing, though! I'm really looking forward to playing them all at the end of the month! ;-D

DBoyWheeler

At least we may still get a good number of entries.

Yeah, there are times were a lot have interest, but then some drop out because time and energy waned on them (or, in the case Gurok and probably a few others, RL s**t happens!).

But even then, we still might have enough entries to have a decent competition.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk