MAGS June Special Edition "Rescue" (RESULTS)

Started by Stupot, Fri 26/05/2017 02:04:06

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your favourite game of MAGS June?

Rosaura Docelestial: Rescue From Despair
0 (0%)
Hang On
5 (17.2%)
Terror of the Vampire!
7 (24.1%)
The Rotary Club
1 (3.4%)
The Robolovers
10 (34.5%)
Bury Me in the Sand
3 (10.3%)
Bustin' the Bastille
0 (0%)
The Forgotten City
3 (10.3%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Voting closed: Mon 17/07/2017 00:49:19

DBoyWheeler

Quote from: Scavenger on Thu 22/06/2017 09:22:02
I've been trying to push myself with regards to visual effects this time, so I'm glad to say our game finally has...

Steam support!

That joke is really "half-baked"!

SilverSpook

"My vision is augmented."

Planning some (hopefully) really fun game dynamics with this, one of several of the main character's augmentations.  Along with a brand-spanking new stealth system that (hopefully) won't implode your computer and the presently instantiated universe with the convoluted programming needed to get a stealth system to work in AGS.  Also, she will of course have the ability to run, run, run like she's being chased by killer DARPA-bots, or like there's a Depeche Mode sale at Hot Topic.

Riaise

How are you doing all of this in just one month, SilverSpook?! I'm always amazed by the amount that people can get into their games in such a short space of time.

(Also, I don't know if it's just the conversion to gif, but there's a little purple square at the bottom right hand corner which I'm not sure should be there. Just so you know. ;))

Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

So much good stuff I am seeing for this MAGS.. is this a record for entries perhaps?
Silverspook what a fantastic little mechanic there with the infrared view.. I am pretty sure that's unique to a point and click

SilverSpook

Quote from: Riaise on Fri 23/06/2017 10:29:42
How are you doing all of this in just one month, SilverSpook?!

By being a crazy person. :)  Also, the purple square in the corner there will probably go away...  Or perhaps you just found an Easter Egg! :D

@Tycho: Thanks! It's been pretty tricky to figure out how exactly to do this, but I'd like to have it as a common feature throughout the game to bring some fresh ideas to the p-n-c adventure game space.  We're also looking at gamma/x-ray and sonar vision as alternate viewing modes for the main character's ocular implants.

Stupot

Quote from: SilverspookWe're also looking at gamma/x-ray and sonar vision as alternate viewing modes...
You could make use of the built-in gamma slider.

Conspirocracy (iirc) made fun use of the gamma slider for one puzzle. You could make it a feature.

Mandle

Quote from: Stupot+ on Sat 24/06/2017 00:07:55
Quote from: SilverspookWe're also looking at gamma/x-ray and sonar vision as alternate viewing modes...
You could make use of the built-in gamma slider.

Conspirocracy (iirc) made fun use of the gamma slider for one puzzle. You could make it a feature.

It would only work in full-screen of course, but neat idea!

Mandle

I got the helicopter flying controls done tonight in a very weird way which might be the AGS version of I Am Bread meets Octodad...

So it could be a fun game to master, or just the worst frustrating mess ever, or I might rewrite the controls...

I'm having fun anyway...

EDIT: Well, after playing my own game to test controls for a bit it doesn't actually seem that bad. I just had to wrap my head around how a helicopter flies with horizontal vs. vertical thrust. And yeah, I wrote the code for how it works after researching how helicopters fly , but it's like reading the flying manual vs. flying the thing yourself...

I can fly around without crashing too much, but that's still with unlimited fuel and without weather conditions (which I plan to add tomorrow) and also without having to rescue stranded mountaineers...

Oh, and did some sound design...

Pilchard

I've finished my entry! Check out the completed games thread here and download .zip here. It's called Hang On.

Thanks to Slasher for an inspiring theme this month! Looking forward to playing all the rest of the entries. Mandle, I'm intrigued by this helicopter game!

DBoyWheeler

Neat work, Pilchard.  Yeah, if there were a close up view of the person's face, she'd have that "Oh s**t!" look.

SilverSpook

The helicopter thing looks great, Mandle!  I'm going to bet you'll win "Most Fitting Of Contest's Theme" award. :)

@Pilchard: Also looks great!  Wow, you guys get this stuff done fast!  Man, I'm going to be the last one finished aren't I!?

DBoyWheeler

Quote from: SilverSpook on Sun 25/06/2017 21:39:16
Wow, you guys get this stuff done fast!  Man, I'm going to be the last one finished aren't I!?

Well hopefully at least you DO finish.  Because your game would definitely be worth a peek and a play.

Funkpanzer

Quote from: SilverSpook on Sun 25/06/2017 21:39:16
Man, I'm going to be the last one finished aren't I!?

I promise you that will be me. I "wasted" a whole day adding X-Ray specs to my game because of your fancy schmancy mechanics!  :P

@Pilchard: Your game looks gorgeous! Congrats!

HanaIndiana

Wow, this looks like its going to be a great one. Looking forward to playing them all!

Played HangOn so far... :grin: lovely!

DBoyWheeler

I'm kind of lost on the entries sent so far, so maybe I'll check out the games when we get a complete list at the end of this MAGS.

Mandle

Quote from: DBoyWheeler on Mon 26/06/2017 20:24:50
I'm kind of lost on the entries sent so far, so maybe I'll check out the games when we get a complete list at the end of this MAGS.

The only other one released so far is "Hang On".

Stupot

Quote from: Mandle on Mon 26/06/2017 23:38:57
Quote from: DBoyWheeler on Mon 26/06/2017 20:24:50

The only other one released so far is "Hang On".

The MAGS website is currently up to date and I'll try to keep it as up-to-date as possible as entries come in.
http://www.mags-competition.info/?page=games&only=2017-06&pagetitle=Rescue

Mandle

Here's the crowded, chaotic, and, above all, ugly shop back at The Rotary Club H.Q. where you can refuel and/or upgrade/downgrade your chopper:

[IMGZOOM]http://i63.tinypic.com/294m6jc.png[/IMGZOOM]

And, I'm embarrassed to ask, considering this MAGS started a week early, but is there any chance of an extension over the coming weekend?

Due to getting sick last weekend and losing 3 days because of that I'm not far enough along to make it in by Friday I fear...

Stupot

Well I'm being super flexible with this month's contest because I was trying to boost participation. So how about having the weekend?

So anyone who's interested. The new deadline is Sunday Night 23:59 BST (That's 8am Monday Morning for You, Mandle).

Bear in mind? July's contest will begin as normal on the 1st of July. I really want to keep some momentum going. So help spread the word. If you feel like you missed out this month, Then just make something next month. Let's make every MAGS one that other people feel they missed out on :-D

Get your teams together, like nowish.

SilverSpook

That looks amazing Mandle! Man this sounds like a helicopter rescue simulator almost, now! Definitely can't wait to play it!

Also, I'm going to try and get this thing done (as much as it can be) by Friday, but I'm not going to say no to an extension! 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk