Quest for Jesus

Started by TomatoesInTheHead, Sun 28/05/2017 15:38:48

Previous topic - Next topic

TomatoesInTheHead

Hello folks! Long time no see.

I made another game, originally for a creativity contest in a small German online community not related to computer games.
The theme of the contest was set, the medium was not.

I just translated the game to English, so both German and English are available, German being the default language, so remember to adjust the language in winsetup.
So, without further ado, I present to you:

Quest for Jesus

Download

The main theme is - as the title suggests - Christian religion, but the matter is taken rather lightheartedly.
The game is neither meant to praise nor to criticise Christianity or religion in general, though in a satirical manner it does the first - it comes in form of a pretended educational game.
Nevertheless, most propagated ethical standpoints, except for some of the exaggerated ones, should be agreeable in their essence to people of all faith and lack of faith, at least if you replace the issuing almightiness with nature/evolution or your preferred divinity in charge.
I have no deep theologic knowledge, so a Christian scholar might cringe at the naive mixture of different Christian, biblical or ethical statements, but apart from that, offending people was no objective of the game.
On the same subject: The dialogues contain some light swearing/vulgar language (once or twice) as well as some sexual references, but mostly not too explicit.

I used the Lucas Arts style 9-verb GUI, though most of the verbs as well as the inventory system are not used. Didn't have too much planned out when I began with the game.
It is a very short game with easy puzzles and - due to some longer dialogues - roughly 15 minutes of playtime, give or take.

I hope you give it a try and enjoy!

arj0n

Can't leave the first screen...

TomatoesInTheHead

That's not a bug! (Unless with first screen you mean the title screen or if there are labelled exits that don't work)

arj0n

No, I ment the first playable screen with the tree and the sign post.
I must have overlooked something here... (roll)

TomatoesInTheHead

Have you (or someone else) had any luck yet? :-\

Shadow1000

Yes, I completed this game the day it was released.
Spoiler
eventually you hear a message from "God" and the game progresses. I don't know exactly what triggers it but it happens within the first minute or so
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk