Startropy - DEMO available

Started by Startropy, Tue 30/05/2017 21:02:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Startropy

Hi all,

My name is David and I'm the developer of Startropy, a sci-fi adventure game in the making.

My background is in AAA games where I've worked on a couple of big games like Batman: Arkham Knight and Grand Theft Auto V, but I've left the scene about 2 years ago to pursue a personal passion project which is to become this game.

Startropy puts you in the role as the captain of humanity's first starship capable of FTL travel. Your task will be to explore the universe to discover strange new worlds, and then befriend (or blast) the aliens you meet.

How the game plays out is that you will be able to freely explore the galaxy, sending your away team out on dangerous expeditions to gather resources so you can upgrade your ship to explore further out. On your journey you will encounter alien races that you can interact with and will be involved in major story quests. This game is inspired by Star Control 2, so if you have played that you should have a pretty good idea on what the game will play like, or check out the demo link further down to see how it plays yourself. :)

Features:
- A Lucasart-style adventure where you can explore, talk and interact with the world.
- Away team missions will have you assign different crewman to explore hostile planets to gather resources and sometimes enter "dungeons", where dice rolled against your party's stats play a factor in your success.
- Space combat that emphasises tactical choices over twitch reflexes, and sometimes feature environmental hazards and other quirks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9GsQEx77o8

Steam Greenlight:
This game is up for voting on Steam Greenlight. If you like the sound of my game then please vote to help me get this game on Steam. :)
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=864030494

Grab the demo below
http://www.indiedb.com/games/startropy/downloads/startropy-pilot-demo

Links:
Game Website
Facebook
Twitter

I'm also on the lookout for a pixel artist. Looking for people to create assets for room art, characters, ships, animations, etc. If you are interested, send me a PM for more details.

Thanks for reading guys. Let me know what you think. If you have any questions please ask and I'll do my best to answer.

CaptainD

Hey buddy!

Well you know I already like the look of your game from another forum but I have to ask, is it created with AGS?  (If not it will be moved to another section of the forum, don't worry you won't be subject to disintegration :grin:).

EDIT - ignore me, I just noticed that you list AGS as the engine on your IndieDB page.

Welcome aboard!

Startropy

Startropy

Startropy has now been greenlit! Thank you so much for your support everyone! :)

CaptainD

Quote from: Startropy on Thu 08/06/2017 09:33:42
Startropy has now been greenlit! Thank you so much for your support everyone! :)

Great news!  Well done mate.

AnasAbdin

Hey this looks amazing! I will try the demo asap 8-)
Congrats on the greenlight :)

Cassiebsg

oh, wow, I completely missed this! 8-0
Congrats on the greenlight, looking forward to try the demo. (nod)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

SilverSpook

Awesome job man! Feels properly old-school. :)  Good choice on going the indie route as well.  You can't put a price tag on creative and business independence. ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk