Eerie Blue - Demo available

Started by Etumretniw, Sat 03/06/2017 00:31:00

Previous topic - Next topic

Etumretniw

Story:
In Eerie Blue, you will play different law enforcement officers throughout the story, trying to solve a recent disappearance in a mid-sized town. The journey will be sinister and, depending on your choices, a varying degree of horrific. It will play out both in reality and in a more nightmarish place.

In this game, I try to experiment with several rooms on one screen, using the now possible larger resolutions. I also try out timed options and branching paths, now far more manageable with the implementation of new structures in the engine.

Story, design, graphics, animation, scripting, sound effects: Vegard Stolpnessæter
Music: Kristin Burdal

Features:

• 1920x1080 resolution
  • Stages of discomfort for the player character, opening or closing options in the game
  • Dialogues and actions with a time limit
  • Music that changes with the level of tension experienced by the player character
  • Sound

In the demo, you're a police detective that has been called to a house by the security company monitoring the house alarm. You must try to find out what has happened and stay calm.
The demo is available from the games section.

Screenshots (click to view full size):

This is my first game since Breakage and I'm looking forward to trying out something quite different from it.

DBoyWheeler

Dang.  Similar to Yahtzee's X Days series, except you're playing as a police officer instead of a cat-burglar (so on the RIGHT side of the law this time).

Good luck with this project.

Michael2968

I have really enjoyed this demo and I have gotten to the end of it and I am wondering if
Spoiler
it is possible to get past the second hooded man who is hiding in the house after you kill the first hooded man and cut the alarm off.
[close]

Thanks,
Michael

Etumretniw

Quote from: Michael2968 on Sun 04/06/2017 11:46:58
Spoiler
it is possible to get past the second hooded man who is hiding in the house after you kill the first hooded man and cut the alarm off.
[close]

Good to hear you've enjoyed it.
Spoiler
It's not possible. Her story continues though, but on a path of her own. Getting past the first man will have some impact on later gameplay.
[close]

@DBoyWheeler: Thanks. I like Yahtsee's games, and I'm sure they have had an influence on me, if not always consciously.

Michael2968

Thanks, I really enjoyed the demo and I just wanted to make sure I finished it. I look forward to playing the full game in the future.

Michael

SilverSpook

Sounds fascinating! Good luck with the full version of the game. :)

Cassiebsg

Okay then guess I'm done with the demo too, then. :-\
You should really add a display there saying that that's the end of the demo.

Some feedback:
Spoiler

- After dying it was really annoying that you exited the game, instead of either load the main menu, the load gui or a "try again?" gui.
- If you really don't need to click on the main character (for dropping an object or doing something else), please consider making the character non-clickable, as she was often blocking the hotspot I wanted to check.
- Playing such a high res game on my little tablet screen meant that reading the text was hard, and the placement of it was also on occasions unfortunate... for example during the intro, the text (from the phone) shows up above the animations, yet you have tons of black empty space. Just move it a bit higher. :)
Also when we're talking to the security officer, the text is right aligned and over the floor line, making the text harder to read (more than what already was due to the very small font).
- The attic perspective is wrong, not allowing to see it.

+ Love the characters, animations, feel of the game.
+ Solid story and demo (no bugs)
+ Art is very goood, nd you can see there was a lot of detail added.
[close]

Think you got a great game here in the making and wih you all the best of luck to complete it. (nod)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Etumretniw

Thanks for the replies.
I've switch to a larger font for speech, and made it more obvious when the demo is over. However, I'm thinking about abandoning the Lucasarts way of displaying speech. It quickly gets hard to read unless it's modified in one way or another.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk