46 MEMORY LANE (mature content)

Started by shamz, Sat 03/06/2017 16:42:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

Yo! ... I have been quite busy of late so have only recently got the opportunity to try your game out again. I had a quick look at it some weeks ago, but didn't think it fair to comment based on that so I had a good solid go of it this time around. I am a little stuck at the moment (in the locked bedroom), however I think I have explored around enough and played enough to at least give you my initial thoughts, but I do want and hope to complete this at some point.

Well right from the word go I just digged the eerie atmosphere, its amazing how effective no-music but with carefully chosen atmospheric sounds can be, and I think your game is a fine example of that, in a weird way it gave me a silent hill sort of vibe.

I checked out all the floors of the building (well I am currently in the bedroom).. so I saw a good variety in terms of the visual experience and liked it, also like your attention to details on items/information.

The dialog was pretty darn good too and was too the story, or at least where I am up to with currently.

I got a bit confused with the game save system, took me a while to figure I drop the memories onto the statue.

All in all (well so far), this was a good experience, and I really hope to see another game from you soon.

Kudos!

Saren

I'm stuck.
Spoiler
How do I free Mina/Angela from the chains in room 204? I've already stabbed both ears and 1 eye at the bar but I can't trigger the eye again on floor 2.
[close]

shamz

Yo yo! Thanks for your kind words Tycho, I'm glad you've enjoyed it so far :cheesy: I hope you'll have the time to see the rest of the game as well.

Que Tran, sorry for the late reply, but:
Spoiler
the eye only triggers when you're in a specific spot in the room. Unless it's a bug?
[close]

Saren

Quote from: shamz on Fri 28/07/2017 07:39:39
Yo yo! Thanks for your kind words Tycho, I'm glad you've enjoyed it so far :cheesy: I hope you'll have the time to see the rest of the game as well.

Que Tran, sorry for the late reply, but:
Spoiler
the eye only triggers when you're in a specific spot in the room. Unless it's a bug?
[close]

Spoiler
I've figured out how to break the chains but then I go to the apartment, find Angela, turn off tv, go to sleep and I think I've found a bug. The phone flashes red but when I try to check for a new message nothing happens. I leave the apartment and I get taken to the long stairs but I can't walk down the stairs or use the door. How do I finish the game?
[close]

charly

Nice game so far, but I'm also stuck and I found a possible bug.

stuck:
Spoiler
After I stabbed both ears and eyes I found room 204 barred by police tape. Got through that, found the room empty except the chaos plus police crime scene markers. Nothing else in any other room, even after working the gears again. Plus I can't go outside, because Tony hears sirens and doesn't want to head that way.
[close]
I'm a bit sad, because I wanted to finish the game before I went to bed, but it's already 4am and I have no patience to run every floor and room again. Hopefully someone can soon give me a hint here.

possible bug:
Spoiler
After I stabbed both ears I got out in front of the house and met the old maid again. When I tried to stab her, Tony automatically goes to the bus station. The old man isn't there anymore, only a desk chair is there (at a bus stop? ??? ).
[close]

btw:
Quote from: Creamy on Thu 15/06/2017 17:29:56
Quotesaving the game is a bit of a puzzle
I started worrying about saving. Not finding the save button, I tried every key of the keyboard and pushed F9, which resets the game.
Happened to me as well. Luckily I immediately found the hints in this thread, otherwise I wouldn't have started over again.

KyriakosCH

Sounds interesting - I will give it a try :)

edit: played a bit. It has a Downfall vibe (i think the female crying sound is the one used there as well (nod) ).

I got stuck, though.
Spoiler
trying to find booze for the old man. I completed dressing the mannequin.
[close]

Also, there is a bug-ish thing with
Spoiler
the ability to use the blood on the cup in the manager's room, WAY before you find any notes that make it logical to get the message 'not now'. This, of course, makes the player realize what is going on prior to the point one is intended to).
[close]

You should post a walkthough sometime.

This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

charly

Quote from: KyriakosCH on Sun 26/11/2017 06:19:40

edit: played a bit. It has a Downfall vibe (i think the female crying sound is the one used there as well (nod) ).

I got stuck, though.
Spoiler
[close]

hint:
Spoiler
You'll find it pretty late within the game.
[close]

shamz

Hi all! Sorry again for the super late response.

@Que Tran
Quote from: Que Tran on Fri 28/07/2017 21:12:02
Spoiler
I've figured out how to break the chains but then I go to the apartment, find Angela, turn off tv, go to sleep and I think I've found a bug. The phone flashes red but when I try to check for a new message nothing happens. I leave the apartment and I get taken to the long stairs but I can't walk down the stairs or use the door. How do I finish the game?
[close]
Wow you definitely found a game breaking bug and I'm really sorry your experience ended like that :sad: Can't really say much other than I will look into it when I have time away from deadlines.

@KyriakosCH
Quote from: KyriakosCH on Sun 26/11/2017 06:19:40

I got stuck, though.
Spoiler
[close]

Also, there is a bug-ish thing with
Spoiler
the ability to use the blood on the cup in the manager's room, WAY before you find any notes that make it logical to get the message 'not now'. This, of course, makes the player realize what is going on prior to the point one is intended to).
[close]

You should post a walkthough sometime.

That's interesting! I haven't heard of Downfall before so I did a quick search and it looks pretty dope. Do you recommend it?
Spoiler
Also you're totally right with that 'not now' message when the player uses the blood on the cup. I actually remember that specific conversation I had with myself of whether I wanted to force the player to have an idea of what was going on before opening that possibility in the play space, but ultimately I decided to go with the way it is now because
1. Games which restrict your horizon of action until you hit some sort of flag feel too suffocating to me, especially in a point-and-click adventure. When people get stuck in this genre, they tend to start using random items on the environment, and I wanted people to go through this cycle less.
2. I want to plant the idea that the player character of Tony knows more than the player him/herself.
[close]
And I think you're right about a walkthrough, I'll get on that when I get to bug fixing :~(

@charly
Quote from: charly on Sun 26/11/2017 03:02:38

I'm a bit sad, because I wanted to finish the game before I went to bed, but it's already 4pm and I have no patience to run every floor and room again. Hopefully someone can soon give me a hint here.

possible bug:
Spoiler
After I stabbed both ears I got out in front of the house and met the old maid again. When I tried to stab her, Tony automatically goes to the bus station. The old man isn't there anymore, only a desk chair is there (at a bus stop? ??? ).
[close]

Hi charly, thanks for playing the game and letting me know about another bug :) I'll definitely need to fix that as well.
I hope you haven't completely given up hope yet!
Spoiler
What you're looking for is lying on the ground of room 204.
[close]

charly

Quote from: shamz on Wed 06/12/2017 13:48:17
Hi charly, thanks for playing the game and letting me know about another bug :) I'll definitely need to fix that as well.
I hope you haven't completely given up hope yet!
Spoiler
What you're looking for is lying on the ground of room 204.
[close]

Thanks for your answer.
Unfortunately your hint didn't help me.
Spoiler
I got the panties quite a while back and there's nothing else in the room Tony wants. Did you mean something else?
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk