Dog in a Graveyard and Gladiators

Started by Neole, Thu 17/04/2003 10:19:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Neole

Two more one hour sketches from the past 2 days -

Maybe this will do it for onethinkinggal, girls love dogs

For bruised, one abdomen impaled chick

veryweirdguy

Please...........stop............you're making us all feel bad!

More great work!

Dmitri

you do... you honestly do... (make me feel bad at least)  :'(  :'(

you're just dripping with oodles of talent ;)
Pretzels :B

n3tgraph

another beautiful woman has died :(

great work neole! (on the sketches that is)
when is the digital art coming?

Maybe you could help me with skeching, so I can pixellate them when time is right... :)

Couse my skeching sucks haaard
* N3TGraph airguitars!

Pet Terry

Aww, how cute dog ^__^

Very good art Neole!
<SSH> heavy pettering
Screen 7

AndersM

The tombstones on the graveyard looks vey dark and halloween-like, witch feels odd when whe rest of the pic is kinda bright and sunny with the butterfly and everything. And those female gladiators got way to much clothes on...  ;)

Vel

The artwork you do is magnifficent! by the way, have you finished Creation: Day 1?

Trapezoid

The graveyard one is coool.
And if those gladiator girls value sexxyness over proper armor, then they deserve what they get :P

Neole

Thanks guys!

Sorry bout making anyone feel bad, I just like to post here as a motivation to keep myself drawing daily!

N3T - what dyu mean digital art? If you mean pixel graphics I dont think I'll ever do that.
About sketching, the only way to get good is practise and practise. You should always carry a sketchpad and pen along so you can draw from real life whenever you feel like. Trees, bench, car, humans, road whatever you see. If you dont like that, try drawing from images on the net, though real life is much better.  And try and draw what you see, not your interpretation of what you see. Stylization can come later, you need to be able to draw accurately first. A beginner book on drawing humans will definitely be helpful, esp as it tells you the correct proportions, and a basic idea of joints and muscles.

You're right MrMasse, tombstones should have been lighter.

Vel, no, but we've recently started working on it after the period of inactivity.

Dmitri

* Dmitri is walking in the park one sunny afternoon

* Dmitri sees a bird

I just HAVE to sketch that

* Dmitri rips an easle out of his pocket and sets it up at lightning speed then he holds his hands high and screams "BY THE POWER OF PENS!!" and magic pens fly into his hand... taking a nearby tree he uses his magic powers to turn it into a canvas, attaches it to the easle, makes a dot with his magic pen ans says... "My work here is done..."
Pretzels :B

OneThinkingGal and ._.

Nope, I have more respect for people who don't inteject naked women where they don't belong, like in the second pic. :P Not that you don't draw well, but you're too restricted in your view.

JMO tho, and I doubt the "red blooded males"(read horny) on any forum will agree. ;) Draw to your audience if you like, but a true artist can make a gorgeous drawing or painting without sticking in suggestive women. That's pretty harsh I guess, but I see the same thing all over the place, so I shall continue being a cynic about this. ._.

BruisedWeasel

I like the dog neole, but it looks like he swallowed Baby Huey.

Quote from: Dmitri on Fri 18/04/2003 00:07:41
"BY THE POWER OF PENS!!"

Am I the only one who misread that?

I disagree with annie as far as female nudity goes. The fewer clothes a subject is wearing, the more practice you get improving your skills in anatomical proportions. I do agree though that pure raunch outside a humorous context is distasteful, but if it's well rendered, how can I protest it's existace? That gladiator picture kicks ass! I wonder, would annie protest so much if neole had been drawing men in place of the women in all these images?

Shattered Sponge

Quote from: OneThinkingGal on Fri 18/04/2003 00:19:39JMO tho, and I doubt the "red blooded males"(read horny) on any forum will agree. ;) Draw to your audience if you like, but a true artist can make a gorgeous drawing or painting without sticking in suggestive women.
I don 't think it's about drawing for one's audience, it's about drawing for one's self - if Neole happens to want to draw scantly-clad women impaled on other scantly-clad women's swords, then draw scantly-clad women impaled on other scantly-clad women's swords he should do.  Similarily, if Annie were to have the inkling to draw David Caruso wearing nothing but hotpants, then she should go right ahead.  I'd say that the same should apply to all artforms, in fact (though in reality it often doesn't).

Neole

Dmitri: A dot?? You'll never improve that way, magic easel or not!

Thanks everyone else (I think)!

scotch

Bruised, clothed can often be harder than nude.. especially once you have the shapes of the body down as Neole obviously does.. I'd like to see something that doesn't involve scantily clad women.. just for a change, not that I think it's wrong to draw them sometimes, perhaps some pics with no women in at all, or maybe no people full stop would be nice (the dog pic was great btw :) )?  Especially as this is a board for criticising adventure game art really.
If it's what you like doing though then that's fine I guess, but you obviously don't need the practice at these pics anymore :)

Igor

Smashing style! Love it

OTG: I don't think Neole is drawing those sketches to please others- he draw what he likes to draw... That's the whole fun of it :) Second pic probably wouldn't be any better if there'd be 2 ripping males (instead of girls) "piercing" themselves with swords ;)

Neole

Scotch, you're right, for me clothing is probly harder than nudes. But then I like drawing fantasy and sci-fi, and clothing doesnt have much role in those so I'm happy leaving it alone for the time being.

As for practise, no one can get enough practise. I find myself learning new stuff with each drawing.

Igor, right - Girls piercing themselves is more fun than guys doing the same, it takes violence to a whole new kinky level!

ratracer

I agree with Neole. Even if his art is great, there's always room for improvement. Keep going at it!
The woman body is inspirational, from an art point of view, hardly boring at all...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk