Batman dead

Started by Grok, Sat 10/06/2017 22:50:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Grok

Adam West,the camp TV Caped Crusader of the 60s, has died.

dactylopus

Very sad news.  I did not like hearing this.  He was a true Batman, the 2nd or 3rd best Batman in my opinion.

Ionias

Mandle

Awesome little story about the man here:

http://boingboing.net/2017/06/10/how-adam-west-played-a-prank-u.html

Sounds like he had an adventure gamer's mindset.

Also: He was my first Batman as a child before I could even tell that the show was supposed to be campy, much like Roger Moore was my first Bond.

Both had huge impacts on my ideals for what a hero is, so thanks to both great men.

Rest In Peace seems inappropriate for such men of action so: Rest Only When Crime Does!

Danvzare

Quote from: dactylopus on Sun 11/06/2017 01:16:10
Very sad news.  I did not like hearing this.  He was a true Batman, the 2nd or 3rd best Batman in my opinion.
I probably shouldn't find this funny... but I can't help but laugh. (laugh)
My goodness, does that make me the Joker! :shocked:

But enough of that. I find it sad that the original Batman died. Unfortunately though, I don't know of any other roles he ever played in.

Blondbraid

Quote from: Danvzare on Thu 15/06/2017 11:31:46

But enough of that. I find it sad that the original Batman died. Unfortunately though, I don't know of any other roles he ever played in.
I do think he also made the voice acting for the mayor in Family Guy, but I'm not certain.
Either way, it's sad to see him gone.

dactylopus

Quote from: Danvzare on Thu 15/06/2017 11:31:46

I looked back on my post later and thought it came across as sort of heartless.  Adam West was a great man, the original Batman, and so much more.  I didn't mean to slight him!  But I'm glad someone got a chuckle out of it either way.

Grok

As great a Batman as Adam West was, he was not the original Batman

Batman was played in 1943 by Lewis Wilson and in 1949 by Robert Lowery. Adam West was the third actor to play Batman (as far as I know).

The mayor in Family guy is based on Adam West, has the name Adam West, and the voice was indeed played by Adam West.

dactylopus

Quote from: Grok on Thu 15/06/2017 20:26:20

Batman was played in 1943 by Lewis Wilson and in 1949 by Robert Lowery. Adam West was the third actor to play Batman (as far as I know).

The mayor in Family guy is based on Adam West, has the name Adam West, and the voice was indeed played by Adam West.

Well there you have it.  I was unaware.  Adam West was the original color television Batman.  And I loved Mayor Adam West, always entertaining.

Danvzare

Quote from: Grok on Thu 15/06/2017 20:26:20

Wow, two facts that I didn't know.
Thanks for that. :-D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk