SR Ep.52 - the redemption of Grisli Adams

Started by Grok, Sat 13/05/2017 16:09:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Grok

A couple of people have downloaded the game by now - thank you all.
https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2151/

There might be some need for hints and tips, so I start up this thread for that purpose.

To start off the game comes with a manual.

In the tricorder there is a notes function. It often can give you a hint on what to do next.

(the image is actually from episode 46, but the notes-icon [blue notebook with pencil] is the same)

Shadow1000

Quote from: Grok on Sat 13/05/2017 16:09:12
A couple of people have downloaded the game by now - thank you all.
https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2151/

There might be some need for hints and tips, so I start up this thread for that purpose.

Well, I'm stuck
Spoiler
at the church. I have the hint 1-2-1-1-1-3-1-1-1 Crown and I'm clicking at the circles but I don't have any leads as to what the numbers mean. I don't think they mean where to click so I'm guessing that they refer to the sword position but I'm just not getting this one.
[close]

Blondbraid

Shadow1000:
Spoiler
1 refers to the top circle, 2 to the circle at the bottom. The goal is to click the circles until
Spoiler
the sword stabs through the dragons neck and a drop of blood falls into the chalice, then click on the crown.
If you click the wrong circle all reverts back to the original position.
[close]
[close]
I hope it helps!

Shadow1000

Quote from: Blondbraid on Mon 15/05/2017 15:33:56
Shadow1000:
Spoiler
1 refers to the top circle, 2 to the circle at the bottom. The goal is to click the circles until
Spoiler
the sword stabs through the dragons neck and a drop of blood falls into the chalice, then click on the crown.
If you click the wrong circle all reverts back to the original position.
[close]
[close]
I hope it helps!

Spoiler
Ok that was my first guess, but what about 3..? What does that refer to?
[close]

THank you

Edited: Ok I figured this one out by trial and error.

Tabata

Spoiler
Every number tells you how often to push one of the circles. Starting with the upper one you use the other for the next number then the other one again and so on.
[close]
... and do not forget that the code goes on after the numbers ;)

Shadow1000

Quote from: Tabata on Mon 15/05/2017 17:51:09
Spoiler
Every number tells you how often to push one of the circles. Starting with the upper one you use the other for the next number then the other one again and so on.
[close]
... and do not forget that the code goes on after the numbers ;)

Thanks for the explanation. The hint given in the game didn't really help but Blondbraid's explanation of what the goal was did. I jotted on paper what happens after every click till I got it.

Shadow1000

I'm stuck again.

Spoiler
I zapped the enemy in the chase scene in the church and then the robot tells me to find Mrs Mole's office on floor 5 of the recycle plant. I can't find the office. There is a door on the bottom left with a flute on it that says that there must be a way to open the door but there's nothing on the floor you can interact with, touch, move, etc. and none of the people on the floor are able to have any sort of conversation or dialogue. I checked the other floors and there's really nothing there either, unless I am missing something.
[close]

SHADOW

Blondbraid

Shadow1000,
Spoiler
The door has a picture of a flute on it, so the key is to find a flute lying on the floor on one of the levels in the recycle plant (can't remember which level though), and use it on the door.
[close]

Shadow1000

Quote from: Blondbraid on Thu 18/05/2017 15:49:04
Shadow1000,
Spoiler
The door has a picture of a flute on it, so the key is to find a flute lying on the floor on one of the levels in the recycle plant (can't remember which level though), and use it on the door.
[close]

Thank you! I am able to continue now.

Shadow1000

Stuck again.

Spoiler
I need to find the execution. I tried all locations available but no luck. Someone passed me a hint that it's on top of the tower. However, I can't get there buy taxi and the elevator is locked.
[close]

Help would be appreciated.

Grok

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Tue 23/05/2017 04:05:50
Stuck again.

Spoiler
I need to find the execution. I tried all locations available but no luck. Someone passed me a hint that it's on top of the tower. However, I can't get there buy taxi and the elevator is locked.
[close]

Help would be appreciated.

Spoiler
You should have the option "Reichenbach Tower" at the end of the taxi list.
[close]

Shadow1000

Quote from: Grok on Tue 23/05/2017 05:28:57

Spoiler
[close]

It's not there. How can I have it added?

Thank you

Grok

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Tue 23/05/2017 13:55:26
Quote from: Grok on Tue 23/05/2017 05:28:57

Spoiler
[close]

It's not there. How can I have it added?

Thank you

It looks like you are the victim of a bug in the game that I have missed.

Spoiler

You should have gotten the address to the tower after the attempt of the lizard to push you off the roof. There are three different possible endings of that scene. One of them seems to be missing the line of code that adds the address. That at least is the possibility I can see. That would in that case be the ending where Yaz gets pushed of the roof, but is saved by the taxi driver. Is that the ending you got when you played?

I'll look the code over later today and will hopefully be able to fix the bug. Should be quite easy if I am correct about what the problem is.

I'll also make a special version for you, where you can jump to the taxi with the tower address added. This way you can finish the game without having to replay a large part of the game. I'll note you when I've fixed that. You are close to the end.

The only way you could add the address in the version of the game you now have, if my hypothesis of the problem is correct, is to go to a save point before the roof scene, replay it and win over the lizard. You might like to do that to see the alternative ending of the scene, but you might not wish to replay everything after that point. Since I made the mistake and since I do appreciate the effort you have put in on this (and on earlier games), I'll make the special fix mentioned in the paragraph above just for you.

I'm sorry about the bug.

[close]

Shadow1000

Quote from: Grok on Tue 23/05/2017 17:43:18

It looks like you are the victim of a bug in the game that I have missed.

Spoiler

You should have gotten the address to the tower after the attempt of the lizard to push you off the roof. There are three different possible endings of that scene. One of them seems to be missing the line of code that adds the address. That at least is the possibility I can see. That would in that case be the ending where Yaz gets pushed of the roof, but is saved by the taxi driver. Is that the ending you got when you played?

I'll look the code over later today and will hopefully be able to fix the bug. Should be quite easy if I am correct about what the problem is.

I'll also make a special version for you, where you can jump to the taxi with the tower address added. This way you can finish the game without having to replay a large part of the game. I'll note you when I've fixed that. You are close to the end.

The only way you could add the address in the version of the game you now have, if my hypothesis of the problem is correct, is to go to a save point before the roof scene, replay it and win over the lizard. You might like to do that to see the alternative ending of the scene, but you might not wish to replay everything after that point. Since I made the mistake and since I do appreciate the effort you have put in on this (and on earlier games), I'll make the special fix mentioned in the paragraph above just for you.

I'm sorry about the bug.

[close]

As far as that scene:

Spoiler
I played it a few times. The 2 results were either getting pushed off and dying or being saved by the taxi. I don't know what the user is supposed to do; all I did was click around wildly, not seeing any objective.
[close]

I appreciate the special build. I look forward to completing the game.

Grok

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Tue 23/05/2017 18:16:38

------

As far as that scene:

Spoiler
I played it a few times. The 2 results were either getting pushed off and dying or being saved by the taxi. I don't know what the user is supposed to do; all I did was click around wildly, not seeing any objective.
[close]

I appreciate the special build. I look forward to completing the game.

Link to special build sent as message.

How defeat the lizard
Spoiler

By Yaz' feet there is a blue hand symbol. Click it before the lizard gets to push Yaz.
You will now have a different ending to that scene.

[close]

I'll now get on to the bug fixing. :)

Shadow1000

Quote from: Grok on Tue 23/05/2017 20:53:40

How defeat the lizard
Spoiler

By Yaz' feet there is a blue hand symbol. Click it before the lizard gets to push Yaz.
You will now have a different ending to that scene.

[close]
Indeed. I had to do it several times even knowing what to expect but I succeeded in the end.

I'll now get on to the bug fixing. :)

I completed the game. Great ending!

SHADOW

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk