A pause before IdleAnimation starts

Started by xBRANEx, Sun 18/06/2017 23:19:18

Previous topic - Next topic

xBRANEx

I have a bird-like character that I want to be always in motion. So he flies somewhere and when he stops he makes his change from NormalView to IdleView that I set to 0: cBird.SetIdleView(5, 0);

The problem is that there's a slight pause when this change is supposed to happen. It's not a big pause but it really takes away from the experience.

I was wondering can this be fixed? What is the cause of this problem?

Snarky

Quote from: xBRANEx on Sun 18/06/2017 23:19:18
I have a bird-like character that I want to be always in motion. So he flies somewhere and when he stops

Wait, I'm confused...

Just from the mention of IdleView, though, I suspect the same confusion between that and the "standing-still frame" (which is part of the NormalView) as several others have had recently.

xBRANEx

When the bird ends its NormalView, that is when the character goes to the place I left-clicked before, then the character goes from the NormalView to the IdleView because it's set to 0. In that exact moment there is a pause, so the bird isn't flapping it's wings. The weird thing is sometimes that pause is a few frames but sometimes it lasts noticeably long

Alan v.Drake

Try with -1, it feels wrong but with 0 there's a delay between 0 and 1 seconds due to the way that part was coded.

- Alan

xBRANEx

Thanks, Alan!

That solved one problem but brought back an old one. There were already questions here about it. It's the infamous delay on the IdleView that is slower than the NormalView and you fix it by setting delay of every frame to -5.

When I put -1 for SetIdleView function that really helps with my problem but now the animation is again slow. I've tried putting the delay for every frame to -10, -4,-6 and back to 0, and it didn't help.

I'm not sure why the delay on SetIdleView function messes with the delay on the frames of the animation.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk