Possible AGS Group on FurAffinity? And in other news...

Started by DBoyWheeler, Sat 24/06/2017 18:50:08

Previous topic - Next topic

DBoyWheeler

I am not sure how to start up clubs/groups on FurAffinity, but I think it would be awesome-sauce if there were a club on FurAffinity for Adventure Game Studio users.

I can so see it... AGS-Furs.  And maybe the icon could be the blue coffee mug with the pawprint (the logo of FurAffinity).

I mean... just a thought.

In other news, the reason I brought that up is because on FurAffinity I've been getting some adoptables through art trades.  "Adoptables" being some generic characters that one can "adopt" as characters in exchange for some money or, in some cases, an art trade.  Anyway, with the adoptables, not only will I have new ideas for games (AGS or otherwise; I mean, these new chars combined with ideas I've been giving myself already, I'll never lack game ideas again), I'll now have a good excuse reason to take part in future MAGS competitions! (laugh)

Danvzare

I still don't get the concept of adoptables. Wouldn't people be more invested in making games, comics, stories, pictures, of their own characters? Or perhaps even popular characters which you are a fan of, from popular media?

I understand that some people aren't very good at making their own characters. But if you can't make something as simple as a character, then you're probably not going to be able to make anything for an adoptable to star in.

To me, adoptables have always seemed to go against the fundamental nature of what an OC is. If you're not choosing to make a fan-game, or a fan-fic, or something along those lines. Then clearly you want to be original. So why would you choose to instead throw that originality to the wayside and decide to make a game of something based on a character someone else made in about five minutes? It just doesn't make sense in my mind! :-\

In short, pretty please explain to mean why adoptables are such a popular thing. :-D

Also, I like your idea for a club/group on FurAffinity... even though I've never heard of FurAffinity until now.
You should do it. (nod)

DBoyWheeler

Quote from: Danvzare on Mon 26/06/2017 12:46:47
In short, pretty please explain to mean why adoptables are such a popular thing. :-D

Also, I like your idea for a club/group on FurAffinity... even though I've never heard of FurAffinity until now.
You should do it. (nod)

The adoptables thing is kind of a new spin on the commissions or art trades thing.  Same with YCH ("your character here") things, where you can buy or do an art trade for the artist to draw your character in that particular pose or scene.

As for a group on FurAffinity, not sure how to work it out properly.  Might need to check with the admins of FA to find out how to set it up.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk