Guess the TV show

Started by AnasAbdin, Mon 26/06/2017 21:48:01

Previous topic - Next topic

VampireWombat

Why do I suddenly want to see cats in mechs?
I'm 99.9% sure this is wrong, but I'm guessing Ultrakitten anyway.

Mandle

Is that even a thing?! (laugh)

And....nope...

I'm guessing that either CaptainD, Stupot, or Slasher is going to win this round...

VampireWombat

Sadly, no...
But apparently there was a Japanese "popular musical group" called UltraCats.
The gif makes me want to see a kitten fighting something in a model city, though. Even if it's an Ewok.

CaptainD

Quote from: Mandle on Tue 05/06/2018 00:37:20
I'm guessing that either CaptainD, Stupot, or Slasher is going to win this round...

It does look sort of familiar but I can't place it, so I don't think it'll be me!

Stupot

Quote from: CaptainD on Tue 05/06/2018 13:29:27
Quote from: Mandle on Tue 05/06/2018 00:37:20

It does look sort of familiar but I can't place it, so I don't think it'll be me!
I also have a vague sense that I've seen it before but I've got no ideas at the moment.

Snarky

Yeah, me too... Family Guy?

ManicMatt

Frodo

My Cat From Hell? 

Cassiebsg

Monty Python's Flying Cats Circus! ???
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

AnasAbdin

Omg I looked it up!
The episode name (laugh) (laugh) (laugh)

Mandle

Quote from: AnasAbdin on Tue 05/06/2018 17:05:57
Omg I looked it up!
The episode name (laugh) (laugh) (laugh)

Hahaha!!! I know, right!?

Sorry for the lack of further screenies. Been too busy every spare moment bug-fixing my MAGS entry so that it is actually possible to play the game right through and win without freezes or inescapable death-trap situations.

Finally, it is done!!! YAY!!!

Gonna take a brief step away from the computer though as I'm getting monitor-vertigo. I'll be back with a new acreenie soon!

Riaise

You might not need one; I'm pretty sure that's The Goodies. Which I've never actually seen an episode of but I've seen clips on various other shows. 8-)

Mandle

Quote from: Riaise on Wed 06/06/2018 13:47:51
You might not need one; I'm pretty sure that's The Goodies. Which I've never actually seen an episode of but I've seen clips on various other shows. 8-)

It sure is The Goodies!!! A huge part of my childhood!

That episode's name is "Kitten Kong" and also that clip was in the opening title of the show so anyone who knows the show should know the clip.

The show is well worth a watch by the way... It was kind of the "family-friendly" version of Monty Python and actually there was an episode where John Cleese popped out of a magic lamp and said "And now for something completely different..." and The Goodies said "Oh, sod off!!!" and he shouted "KID'S SHOW!!!" at them... Classic stuff!

Over to you!

Riaise

Kitten Kong, that's the one! I knew I'd heard it! (laugh)

Speaking of shows from childhood eras, here's the next one:

Stupot

Riaise

ManicMatt

*Sings the Trapdoor theme tune*

The Goodies with Bill Oddie in it, right? Never seen it I'm afraid.

Mandle

Quote from: ManicMatt on Wed 06/06/2018 17:02:47
The Goodies with Bill Oddie in it, right? Never seen it I'm afraid.

See it! I think it would appeal to your sense of humour...

CaptainD

Huh funny, I always knew there was a Spectrum (and presumably other systems) game called Trap Door, I never actually knew about the TV show!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk