Guess the TV show

Started by AnasAbdin, Mon 26/06/2017 21:48:01

Previous topic - Next topic

VampireWombat

Nope. But now I feel bad that you actually did research...
I'm showing a little mercy early.

dayowlron

Aliens in the family
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
This fact can clearly be seen,                  Don't you know?
If progress means to move forward         Just ask them where they are from
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

Mandle

ARRRGHHHH!!! Kill it with fire!!!

VampireWombat

Yes, it is indeed Aliens in the Family.
It's what happens when someone decides that if Dinosaurs was successful that the Brady Bunch with aliens would be just as successful.

Mandle

Quote from: VampireWombat on Thu 28/06/2018 13:20:08
Yes, it is indeed Aliens in the Family.
It's what happens when someone decides that if Dinosaurs was successful that the Brady Bunch with aliens would be just as successful.

A.L.F. probably had something to do with it as well...

VampireWombat

Alf, vaguely... Alf was just a puppet most of the time. Both Dinosaurs and Aliens in the Family were shown on ABC on TGIF with people in full body costumes with animatronic heads made by Jim Henson's company. Except for the babies, of course. The only improvement Aliens in the Family had over Dinosaurs is that the baby in it didn't sound like Elmo...

Mandle

Quote from: VampireWombat on Thu 28/06/2018 15:12:19
Alf, vaguely... Alf was just a puppet most of the time..

A.L.F. was a huge hit involving an alien living with a family of humans. The technical details aside, I'm sure it was mentioned at the pitch for this show.

VampireWombat

Possibly. Of course My Favorite Martian, Bewitched, or dozens of other sitcoms could have been mentioned. It's not like it was that creative. Which is probably why it only lasted 2 episodes before being pulled...

dayowlron

I have had a few turns here recently. Mandle would you like to take my turn? If not open it up to anyone else. I only got it cause I recognized the alien. only saw maybe 2 of the episodes and just couldnt get into it. Dinosaurs was pretty good, and I liked ALF cause he was always so sarcastic.
Pro is the opposite of Con                       Kids of today are so much different
This fact can clearly be seen,                  Don't you know?
If progress means to move forward         Just ask them where they are from
Then what does congress mean?             And they tell you where you can go.  --Nipsey Russell

Mandle

Okay, I'll take a turn. I have one in mind. I'll put up a shot soon.

Stupot

Mandle

Quote from: Stupot on Fri 29/06/2018 01:31:44
Weird Science?

WTF??? I come in to post the next shot and you've already somehow made a preemptive psychic guess?!

But no, not Weird Science...

ManicMatt

Haha weird.

Science.

Breaking bad?

Mandle

Snarky

(Some version of) Sherlock Holmes?

Mandle

Kweepa

The Frankenstein Chronicles?
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

Cassiebsg

The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles ???
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Mandle

Nothing yet. I'll put up another shot soon.

Mandle

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk