Guess the TV show

Started by AnasAbdin, Mon 26/06/2017 21:48:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Frodo

I didn't recognise the first screenshot, but the 2nd & 3rd shots are easy. 

It's The Murdoch Mysteries, starring Yannock Bisson  :grin:
Love that programme. 

Cassiebsg

Finally! :) I love it too. (nod)

You go!

(maybe you haven't seen that season with the masked guy? Cause I'm pretty sure you would if you had seen it. It's from S10Ep9)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Frodo

There are a few Murdoch episodes I haven't seen, cos my V+ box decided not to record them (stupid V+ box!)
Love how Murdoch invents things that we take for granted today.  :wink:

Anyway, here's the next shot.  A VERY under-rated series. 

Stupot

Reservoir Pigs
(Edit) sorry, didn't see the page change. That was for the previous picture.

Frodo

Another screenshot  :smiley:

[imgzoom]https://i.imgur.com/Iv1XykU.png[/imgzoom]

Snarky

The images make me think "How to Get Away with Murder", but "VERY under-rated" doesn't seem to fit.

Frodo

Sorry, it's not How To Get Away With Murder  :cool:

Kumpel

That's Rosewood, right?

Danvzare

Frodo

Quote from: Kumpel on Tue 09/01/2018 07:13:07
That's Rosewood, right?
Yep, that's right.  Glad to know someone else knows this series.  Very under-rated.  :grin:

I'm heartbroken that it got cancelled after Series 2!  :cry:
And even more heartbroken that Rosie & Villa never got together!!!   :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Kumpel

Never got to see the whole thing. got stuck somewhere in season 1 and when I wanted to continue I noticed it has been cancelled already and lost interest :-[

Next (hidden because BIG)
Spoiler
[close]

Kumpel

hm. Not enough for you guys? That's Okay. Here's a cow for you :)

Snarky

One of the two Anne of Green Gables series that have recently come out? (One of them was called 'Anne with an E'.)

Mandle

Kumpel

That's right. Fringe it is. The best x-files clone there is :D. Highly recommended! Want another picture for the episode?

Mandle

Quote from: Kumpel on Thu 11/01/2018 22:27:19
That's right. Fringe it is. The best x-files clone there is :D. Highly recommended! Want another picture for the episode?

Not really. I recognized it because of the cow and the frosted glass windows behind suggesting some kind of "office" locale and remembered that they had a cow in the lab in Fringe.

If guessing episode is dodgable then I will just put this one up:

Mandle

Another screenie showing the main characters:

This is a show I discovered while I was in Australia and I became quite the fan!

Obviously it's a show for kids, and an educational one at that, and aimed at an audience of 5-7 year olds, but the quality of the acting, writing, and production really grabbed me and I ended up watching it quite a bit and had a lot of laughs and also a lot of fun figuring out what the "lesson" was in each episode before it was revealed.

Best show for little kids since Blue's Clues in my opinion. Also I think adventure game fans would have fun with it trying to figure out the puzzles before the agents solve them. There was one where whatever was placed on a table disappeared until they put two things at the same time and then they didn't. Then they tried putting one more thing and everything disappeared. Then one of the restaurant owners jumped onto the table to try to save the things and he disappeared. And that's when the agents got their first lead but they had to be careful not assuming too much or they would never get the guy back. It explains the scientific method on this kind of level that really little kids can grasp.

And so many tropes! The agents even have a boss who is always angry and shouting at them all the time when they mess up, and she is adorable!

It's basically The X-Files for little kids and it is awesome!

Mandle

Is this thread just dead or does nobody know this show?

I watched the first two episodes with a 4-year-old student today over lunch and she totally understood the concept of zeros being used to build larger numbers.

The genius of the episode is that they teach this by showing large numbers of vital things being reduced by factors of ten every time the "number hog" villain steals a zero, instead of showing an increase in value. Little kids grasp the concept of reduction much better than the concept of growth. They understand what having something taken away from them means to them: It sucks!

There is also a subplot where one of the main characters is about to turn 10 years old tomorrow but has the zero stolen from his birthday card so he will be a one-year-old baby again if they can't solve the case. So it gets personal!

Also, I love the stereotyped angry chief's comment of "I'm too young for this."

Stupot

Never heard of or seen this but it sounds fun.
When I was a kid I used to love The Miraculous Mellops. Weird stuff. I believe that was Aussie.

Frodo

Weird Gang   Odd Squad?  :smiley:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk