How to extract dialog from ags to some sort of text file/list i can copy/paste

Started by Tycho Magnetic Anomaly, Thu 29/06/2017 14:50:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

Hey folks,

Dose anyone know how i might extract dialog from an ags project file (uncompiled project) to some sort of text file/list i then can copy/paste to somewhere else?

Khris

Create a translation source. It's the last node in the project tree.

Snarky

There's also the SpeechCenter editor plugin, which allows you more control over the export, and formats it nicer for human readability.

Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

Heyas

Ok i managed to get the translation file extracted, but I am terribly confused, it seems to have added in other things like non-dialog things, and also there are no name prefixes to any of the dialog, I have no clue who is saying what.
I am not 100% sure but the list also seems to have exported in some total random way with respect to the sequential order of when these dialogs take place

i think i will have to look in the SpeechCenter idea

Cassiebsg

Or you can create a speech file, though you might want to do a backup before you go this way.

The order of the text lines are wrote in the order they appear in script, the translation file takes all texts, including gui texts, hotspots, etc.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Khris

Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

heyas..

i had a go of SpeechCenter editor plugin . and it was pretty dam good.. even exported to neat html files including name prefix..  the export was a bit messy in terms of sequence of dialogs happening, but in general it dose a fine job for what I wanted it for.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk