MAGS July "I Come Here Often" (RESULT)

Started by Stupot, Sat 01/07/2017 01:32:51

Previous topic - Next topic

What was your favourite game of MAGS August?

Heavy Metal Nannulf: The Strange Stage by DBoyWheeler
9 (81.8%)
Disgust by horusr
0 (0%)
That Day by Cassiebsg
2 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: Tue 15/08/2017 01:09:43

DBoyWheeler

I'm almost done with mine.  Just need to find some music, make up a nice ending card, and do some final testing, and I should be ready to submit my entry.

[Update]
My entry is now ready!  The game is called Heavy Metal Nannulf: The Strange Stage

The article in the Complete Games thread tells more: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=55043.0

horusr

8 days and finally be able to make title screen(but may change with time)!
Next thing to do is taking care of rooms.

Spoiler
[close]

Mandle

Quote from: horusr on Wed 19/07/2017 12:41:01
8 days and finally be able to make title screen

I think I need a game with your avatar image as the main character...

It hypnotizes me second-most to Chicky's...

horusr

Well that game would banned from most countries for mass hypnotizing.
Sometimes i find myself staring at that avatar.

Cassiebsg

Just to say that I'm working on a little game, got the plot line and story, a mockup for 1 BG and am working on a character now... but it's very unlikely that I'll be able to finish on time... not many days left, and I'm on vacation and on a little tablet with win10... So... (roll)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

horusr

It is cool that you take a break from vacation fun and get som game making fun. (Well, that was a weird sentence)

So have fun, and waiting for result

LostTrainDude

Wow it's great to see so many fellow developers attempting this (no matter the results)!
Thank you all :D Can't wait to see what this last week will bring!
"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing."

Cassiebsg

Status: Game as now a title, one mockup BG and a main character with walk cycle (all setup up in AGS).... how exciting fast this is going. (roll)

horusr

Cassiebsg

Not that much, I haven't even coded a single line on AGS yet. 8-0
On the other hand, I now have the two NPCs that I needed for the key cutscene. (roll) Plus one object for them to float on. (laugh)
I'm now trying to create the animation for the cutscene... if you guys are lucky I'll manage to get the cutscene done... still no idea if I can even get the net to be stable enough to upload anything. :P

Edit: So now I have a little cut-scene done in non/blocking AGS. :D and It's even floating. Now I need to make a new NPC so I can write the first interaction. ;) Think it's looking okay so far, considering the circumstances... res is crapy 640x360, 32bit. (roll)

Cassiebsg

Game is going very slowly... so now there are 3 characters, one object, no hotspots, one puzzle (or more a "click here to continue") and a dialogue puzzle (that has no consequences... yet (laugh) ).

horusr

Well I have 0 room, 1 character(which is invisible), and game is almost done!
You are faster than me!

Slasher

Time is ticking away the moments that make up a dull day (laugh)

Great start DBoyWheeler (nod)

Come on guys.. get yer fingers out, we want this mag to explode with creative talents and great games (nod)

Cassiebsg

Oh geez... that's not me... I won't even be able to upload it before I get home, and that's at best next friday.  8-0

LostTrainDude

Congratulations DBoyWheeler for the release! Can't wait to jump on stage :D

This is almost it, folks, there are about 30 hours left!

Cassiebsg and horusr: you are doing a wonderful job, keep going! :)
"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing."

Cassiebsg

As I said before, I won't meet the deadline.
I did made a 2nd BG yesterday, and was today creating a couple NPCs to populate it (while trying to figure out a puzzle or two that make sense...).
But let's say that, I might have 1st act done... but long from having the 3 acts done. (wrong)

Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

sorry to hear you cant make it in on time cassie? would any help make the difference?

Might I be bold and suggest doing the mags every 2 months rather then every month?, so still only 1 month to produce it but a gap of a month in between.  My guess is you will get more people enter this way, and people who worked on a previous mags are more likely to enter again.
Forum could fill the gap with another type of contest, perhaps a forum collaborative project

horusr

You can rlease a short demo version ofit? Can't you?

And I don't like MAGS being 1 in 2 month... What type of contest could fillthe huge emptyness left from mags...

Cassiebsg

I did say from the start that I would not be able to release it on time, I'm still on vacation and won't be home to upload it before friday.
If I manage to finish 1st act, I will try to upload a demo, but net is very unstable in here, so I can't guarantee.

Thanks for the offer TMA, but don't think extra help would much at this time, considering I have no idea if I can even upload anything. But thanks for the offer. (nod)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk