MAGS July "I Come Here Often" (RESULT)

Started by Stupot, Sat 01/07/2017 01:32:51

Previous topic - Next topic

What was your favourite game of MAGS August?

Heavy Metal Nannulf: The Strange Stage by DBoyWheeler
9 (81.8%)
Disgust by horusr
0 (0%)
That Day by Cassiebsg
2 (18.2%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: Tue 15/08/2017 01:09:43

horusr

Completed my unfinished non-game game!
Link to forum thread!

Here is the title screen.

Cassiebsg

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Stupot

Thanks for your entries, DBoy and Horusr. We officially have a contest :-D

There's about 24 hours left for any secret entrants. Cassie, it'd be great if you were able to upload at least a demo, but I understand if you can't :-)

Quote from: horusr on Sun 30/07/2017 18:43:43

And I don't like MAGS being 1 in 2 month... What type of contest could fillthe huge emptyness left from mags...
MAGS is every month, dude. Look out for August's topic, tomorrow :-)

If you're wondering 'how can there be a contest in August when we haven't had the voting for July yet?' The answer is that August's topic was chosen by June's winner. And the winner of July choose's September's rules. So essentially there are always two seperate but intertwining branches of MAGS occurring at any given moment.

Cassiebsg

I'll give it a try...
But right now, I've fought with Blender all day and my character just doesn't want to have a long dress... :-\ I've finally gave up and rendering it anyway, even though it sucks big time. Also, I currently have 4% battery left... :~(

horusr

Quote from: Tycho Magnetic Anomaly on Sun 30/07/2017 18:31:41
Might I be bold and suggest doing the mags every 2 months rather then every month?

Quote from: Stupot+ on Mon 31/07/2017 00:16:33

I was just talking about Tycho's idea of MAGS being 1 in 2 month. Sorry for my English :D

Kitty Trouble

Indeed, making a game in 1 month is hard :P

horusr

Gurok

Quote from: horusr on Mon 31/07/2017 03:44:19
Quote from: Tycho Magnetic Anomaly on Sun 30/07/2017 18:31:41
Might I be bold and suggest doing the mags every 2 months rather then every month?

Quote from: Stupot+ on Mon 31/07/2017 00:16:33

I was just talking about Tycho's idea of MAGS being 1 in 2 month. Sorry for my English :D

I don't want to pick on Tycho, but I agree about the MAGS every month thing. It would be a step backwards to skip a month for voting. That's how MAGS used to work, until Dualnames (I think) fixed it.

Tycho, nobody is suggesting you need to participate in every MAGS competition. You can pick and choose themes that appeal to you. However...

There is the little-known, unofficial MAGS iron man challenge: compete in 12 MAGS competitions over 12 months. I don't think anyone's done it, but it looked for a while like Slasher would.
[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

Kitty Trouble

I might take a shot at submitting something for August. I helped horus with the backgrounds but we didn't finish.

Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

Hi folks, had to respond to the last few posts as I can see my post about the mags every 2 months has been quite misinterpreted.

Ok just to be clear, I was never suggesting doing the mags every 2 months out of any personal desire or for anyone else's desire. Whether or not its 1 or 2 months its unlikely I will be getting involved in another mags till next year (however I will enter smaller contests).

This suggestion was first of all in context to a marked slow down of the mags which others had recognized also, and was a suggestions on how to get more interest in mags rolling and nothing to do with anyone "wants"
My bet is you will get more entries (total) in 6 mags combined then 12 mags combined, due to a number of reasons.
My theory could be woefully wrong, but that's what the suggestion was in context to, saving mags, not suggesting something because of any other reason.

My hunch is you will not only get more entries in every mags, but you will get more voting going on which is 50% about keeping mags going too.

Personally it makes no difference if the mags is every month, every 2 months, every day, or every year :D

Also considering the amazing works and imaginations behind the works on this forum, is it really such a struggle to think of something to fill the bi-monthly gap with? :P

anyway, thats my 2cent on it, perhaps a bad idea, but I thought I would mention it anyway.  :)

Stupot

The beauty of MAGS is that it's always there if someone wants to have a go. I'm all about trying to entice more people to have a go but I'm not convinved halving the number of contests would acheive that.

Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

to give a bad analogy, im looking at it like the forum as an amount of energy, and like a volcano the more you leave it the more pressure and anticipation builds, then inevitably it erupts lol ..  er.. well then you have to wait for a bit to get that same pressure build up to get the same energetic result.. and .. um well.. yea , so volcano's (wtf)

But the mags seems to be working fine now, so why break with tradition... but the suggestion still stands if such a need arises :)

Kitty Trouble

Yeah it's pointless to have a month off.

Slasher

QuoteGurok: There is the little-known, unofficial MAGS iron man challenge: compete in 12 MAGS competitions over 12 months. I don't think anyone's done it, but it looked for a while like Slasher would.
News to me....Food for thought...

As Ozzy would sing: I am Ironman (laugh)

horusr

Quote from: horusr on Sun 30/07/2017 22:13:28
Completed my unfinished non-game game!
Link to forum thread!

Here is the title screen.

In case people missed the announce! It can be missed because of argument we have here.

Cassiebsg

Okay, managed to upload and make it a bit more complete (as with explanation that it's only demo, and where the demo ends)... There really isn't much to do, so you'll probably be done in 5 minutes or so... (roll)

Here's the link to the game page:

http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2183/

BTW, if anyone wishes to help out with the writing to finish this game, just say so either here or via PM. (nod)

Shadow1000

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Mon 31/07/2017 20:22:41
Okay, managed to upload and make it a bit more complete (as with explanation that it's only demo, and where the demo ends)... There really isn't much to do, so you'll probably be done in 5 minutes or so... (roll)

BTW, if anyone wishes to help out with the writing to finish this game, just say so either here or via PM. (nod)

I like the theme and the graphics/shading/lighting. The story started to get interesting just before it ended :)

I hope you do continue!

LostTrainDude

Wow folks! Great job! :)
Can't wait to play your entries and I hope that everyone else will join me in a round of applause at your accomplishments! (nod)

Thanks a lot for participating, no matter how short or long your game is!
"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing."

Cassiebsg

Thanks Shadow. (nod)

And if anyone might wonder, the "constant" local during the 3 acts, is suppose to be the peer/harbour.
(I hope there aren't that many spelling errors too)

Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

a ah! well done on getting it done in time.. downloadingz now

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk