Terror of the Vampire! [MAGS 2017]

Started by Scavenger, Sat 01/07/2017 11:39:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow1000

I got the crash three times so there must be a way to trigger it :)

Quotein "VFX.asc", line 888
from VFX.asc", line 228

Error: DynamicSprite.Crop: requested to crop an area larger than the source

Thanks!

Mandle

Another bug:

Spoiler

If you have already revolved the table while the innkeeper is out of the room, and then try to sit on the rotten stool Ego says something like "I don't want to do that right now", but then turns invisible forever.
[close]

Scavenger

Shadow1000: Thanks for the exact bug, I won't need to trigger it to put in a patch for that.

Mandle: Some other people got that too, I'll have a look at what causes it.

Monsieur OUXX

Blondbraid

I just tried the game, love the story and visuals, but I'm stuck
Spoiler
how do you steal the tankard while the inleeper is outside?
[close]

Scavenger

Blondbraid:

Spoiler
How does he steal your soup? Copy him.
[close]

Mandle

Quote from: Blondbraid on Wed 05/07/2017 21:44:05
I just tried the game, love the story and visuals, but I'm stuck
Spoiler
how do you steal the tankard while the inleeper is outside?
[close]

Hehe...
Spoiler
Sorry, I just thought it a bit funny that you got stuck here because...well...you know... ;)
[close]

Riaise

How do you
Spoiler
cool down the cross?
[close]

Mandle

Quote from: Riaise on Thu 06/07/2017 11:04:52
How do you
Spoiler
cool down the cross?
[close]

Spoiler
You need a cool liquid to dip it in...
[close]

Monsieur OUXX

There should be a thread in "hints and tips"

Riaise

Thanks, Mandle. I had to start the game again because there is a bug stopping me from getting to that point.
Spoiler
Once Hoxton had broken the stool, I couldn't ask the barman to serve me anything else.
[close]
Also, I had another crash:
Spoiler
In the bell room, I went back down the ladder and when I returned the bell had stopped swinging and was stuck in the right-hand position. I left the room and returned again to see if that would fix it, but it just crashed instead.

[close]

I finally managed to finish the game after that, though! :-D It's a really great game, so many funny moments, and the graphics are fantastic! It's just a shame about the crashes!

Shadow1000

Quote from: Riaise on Thu 06/07/2017 14:22:31

I finally managed to finish the game after that, though! :-D It's a really great game, so many funny moments, and the graphics are fantastic! It's just a shame about the crashes!

How did you get past this point without crashing? I finished all the other games and I really want to finish this one so I can get on with posting my comments and voting. Thank you!

Riaise

@Shadow1000:
Spoiler
You mean in the bell tower? Don't leave the room once you're in there. You need to pick something up and use it to get up to the beam.
[close]
Or have you already done that?

Shadow1000

Quote from: Riaise on Thu 06/07/2017 15:00:25
@Shadow1000:
Spoiler
You mean in the bell tower? Don't leave the room once you're in there. You need to pick something up and use it to get up to the beam.
[close]
Or have you already done that?

Spoiler
Yup. I'm up there and I'm using the flattened crucifix on the yoke. The bell starts to drop and the game crashes.
[close]

I had this 4 times and can't get past this point.

Riaise

In that case I must have been lucky, because that's exactly what I did and the game carried on. Sorry about that. :-\

Shadow1000

Quote from: Riaise on Thu 06/07/2017 15:07:07
In that case I must have been lucky, because that's exactly what I did and the game carried on. Sorry about that. :-\

Okidokes. So far nothing from the author so I guess I'll call this one a wrap and proceed with my comments and voting.

Thanks anyway!

Mandle

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Thu 06/07/2017 15:10:10
Quote from: Riaise on Thu 06/07/2017 15:07:07

Okidokes. So far nothing from the author so I guess I'll call this one a wrap and proceed with my comments and voting.

Thanks anyway!

Have you tired playing the game on the alternate graphics setting? Sometimes the graphics setting can cause crashes with certain effects.

It would be a real shame if you didn't get to the end of this masterpiece because it is a very touching ending IMO...

Scavenger

I'm trying to fix it, I'll release a bugfixed version in a bit, I'm trying to get together all the bugs and do em at once.

Are you playing on fullscreen mode or something? What's different to the default?

Shadow1000

Quote from: Scavenger on Thu 06/07/2017 15:32:04
I'm trying to fix it, I'll release a bugfixed version in a bit, I'm trying to get together all the bugs and do em at once.

Cool! Will I be able to continue from where I left off or will my saved games not work with the new version?

Are you playing on fullscreen mode or something? What's different to the default?

Yes, playing in fullscreen. I can't remember if I changed any defaults but I don't think so.

Cheers

Blondbraid

Quote from: Scavenger on Wed 05/07/2017 22:13:48
Blondbraid:

Spoiler
How does he steal your soup? Copy him.
[close]
Spoiler
Now this might be silly to ask but...
How do I get soup?
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk