Spoiler
How does he steal your soup? Copy him.
[close]
Spoiler
Now this might be silly to ask but...
How do I get soup?
[close]

Spoiler
You must find a way to convince the elitist chef that a bland ingredient is an awesome "hipster" way to recapture his "muse" for cooking
[close]

Scavenger

Quote from: Blondbraid on Thu 06/07/2017 16:42:26
Spoiler
Now this might be silly to ask but...
How do I get soup?
[close]

Spoiler
Ask the Barman for some (There should be a "can I order anything"). If the cook won't let you have anything, well, you'd better solve his problem as well.
[close]

Also, I think I may have solved all the bugs, I'm just having a couple of people run through the game before I release it again. I'm not sure if save games will work, I really doubt it, but it's a really short game.

Shadow1000

Quote from: Scavenger on Thu 06/07/2017 15:32:04

Are you playing on fullscreen mode or something? What's different to the default?

Ok I ran the setup and played in window mode and I was able to load my previous game and complete it.

All I can say is that this game is absolutely BRILLIANT - beginning to end! The ending honestly outweighs the frustration of the crashing; I'm glad I persisted. I'll post my comments when I vote (although I've finished all the games, I am still undecided, especially after playing this one!)

You guys definitely have a talented team. Congrats on that and I hope to see more titles from you guys.

Scavenger

Alright! I think I've fixed ALL the bugs. It shouldn't crash again. You can download it from the game site or from this mirror:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0zq42b3o8gsmmsv/Terror_of_the_Vampire_v1.32.zip?dl=0

SilverSpook

Awesome game, and very funny. Graphics are stellar, animations are amazing, pretty much everything is amazing here. It's also got something to say, and a heart, beneath the cartoon exterior, which you can't say about every game. Five overweight rodents out of five! :D

Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

Well, there is no doubt in my mind this game is at such a high standard, and perhaps I was lucky to play this after bugs had been ironed out but I will ignore them and focus on your game.
The graphics are wonderfully charming, and so much of it too. As with the graphics the characters and their dialogs fit the bill so perfectly.
I assume you made the music custom for the game? and its great, but I thought some of music distracted away from the atmosphere of the game, I think if you toned down the beats of one or two of them they would set more into the atmosphere of the game.
The work gone into this astounds me considering the time it had to be done in, and some of the effects seem to really be pushing AGS such as that amazing glass refraction.. just wow. I cant tell you how long i spend scrutinizing that refraction ;)
The composition of the rooms are top notch, and I really admire and am inspired by how you  use the foreground layers to help compose your scenes.

I have not completed this game yet, but felt I had played more then enough to give feedback, so I may comment a bit more when I complete it fully.

Considering the clear amount of work gone into this in such a short space of time it is a true achievement you got it done. No reason why you cant make a few bob on this by making further improvements and expanding on it more.

Well done.

Thanks Mandle:
Ok I actually rated this game but no orange mugs appeared, and its not giving me an option to rate again.

Mandle

Quote from: Tycho Magnetic Anomaly on Sat 08/07/2017 16:53:31
some of the effects seem to really be pushing AGS such as that amazing glass refraction.. just wow. I cant tell you how long i spend scrutinizing that refraction ;)

Yeah, me too! I spent a lot of time just scanning back and forth and checking out how that refraction worked...

Still have no idea!

Blondbraid

I'm stuck again.
Spoiler
I have garlic, a stake and lard, but I still don't know what I need to do to free Byron.
[close]

Scavenger

Quote from: Blondbraid on Sat 08/07/2017 19:28:51
I'm stuck again.
Spoiler
I have garlic, a stake and lard, but I still don't know what I need to do to free Byron.
[close]

Spoiler
USE the LARD on the CHAIN. Also, if you haven't got a tankard of ale by now, you'll have to restart, since that's a walking dead we accidentily left in there. I've fixed it but haven't published the fixed version yet.
[close]

Blondbraid

I just finished the game, and I must say that it is a very good game, even if I felt very directionless in the beginning.
Music, graphics and atmosphere are absolutely top-notch, the characters and story were fun and memorable and the ending was surprisingly touching.
All in all you have made a great game Scavenger!

Riaise

Quote from: Tycho Magnetic Anomaly on Sat 08/07/2017 16:53:31
Ok I actually rated this game but no orange mugs appeared, and its not giving me an option to rate again.

The orange mugs will only appear after enough people (I think five?) have rated the game. :) Your rating still counts towards the total.

Pilchard

I've played this now - excellent work!

Technically very impressive, from the level of animation to the array of visual effects (it does several things that I imagine are quite tricky in AGS),

There's a lot of strong writing running through the game. I like how each character had a distinctive voice that came across in just about every line they were given. Also you've gone to the trouble of plenty of specially handled (and often wordy) events for trying different things out. There were only a few things I attempted that got no response from the game.

It's neat how
Spoiler
you end up losing all of your vampire-hunting inventory in your efforts to reach Byron in the bell tower.
[close]
The overall puzzle structure was quite clever, and that's a good example.

Spoiler
The manipulation of the GUI in the finale was a novel twist - fun to see this used to serve the plot.
[close]
The latest version seems pretty robust, no bugs encountered!

Monsieur OUXX

By the way, before I forget --> This game should be nominated for best AGS programming.

Mandle

Quote from: Monsieur OUXX on Thu 13/07/2017 11:42:28
By the way, before I forget --> This game should be nominated for best AGS programming.

For the visual effects?

I was wondering about that actually: were the visual effects all original coding or were pre-existing modules used/borrowed from at all?

Monsieur OUXX

Quote from: Mandle on Thu 13/07/2017 12:36:53
were the visual effects all original coding or were pre-existing modules used/borrowed from at all?
It's the result of the many months of Scavenger's "research and development" 8-) -- you can have a glimpse here : http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=52909.msg636525865#msg636525865

@Scavenger: you forgot to write the "About" screen, even in version 1.33.

Suggestions:
Spoiler

- when the player does the wrong action when trying to achieve something while the innkeeper walks out, he has to suffer the whole walking back of the innkeeper and his animation drinking his beer. You should make that a cutscene, it's excruciatingly long, especially if you fail repeatedly to find the right action.
  - when the vampire hunter sends you on a quest to get some items, then there is no dialog reminding you of what you must do. I'm stuck there because I don't know what she expects from me.
[close]

Tabata

Like it has been said often already - those graphics and animations are sooo good and the story was very entertaining.

Had several probs during the play that I think already have been mentioned (and fixed in the new version)
Spoiler
> the crash when sitting on the rotten chair and using the knife on it
> or the main char becoming invisible for the complete entering and climbing in the tower until reaching the bell
> and walking up near to the beam (without the ladder!) to get stuck there.
[close]

That aside it is a great game and hopefully the beginning of a bigger one. 

Tabata

Thank you, Monsieur OUXX, but you might have misunderstood what I tried to say in the spoiler.
I was stuck because of a bug/dead end.

I simply replayed that part and completed the nicely done game before I posted my note :grin:
but knowing about a wt and where to find will be cool for all the players to come. ;)

selmiak

Finally I got around to playing this game. I was clueless at first but then the story gets traction. The characters are well developed (but the vampire hunter's english is making my head hurt :P) and sometime a bit too wordy but towards the end it get more to be a story. The animations and backgrounds are top notch and the coded gfx effects are a joy to look at. I moved around the tavern alot just to see the lamp do all the distortions. The funny animations and jokes in the dialogs and wrong use of items cheer up the grim story of the vampire. What a great game this is!!! ;-D
Sadly I can't longplay it as the fx clog up my memory when the recorder is running too...

selmiak

And then I did a longplay of this cool game. The complete playthrough is ~1 hour long and I hope I got most of the dialog in some usefull order to make sense while watching the longplay of the game/story if you don't want to complete this game yourself. enjoy!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk