Started by Technocrat, Fri 22/05/2015 12:02:21

Previous topic - Next topic

rorstudio

congrats on the release guys!
BTW  this man looks familiar
:grin:

Technocrat

Quote from: CaptainD on Mon 01/06/2015 09:38:23
Gave it a whirl last night, loving it so far.  Also fun to hear my voice on one of the answerphone messages - that was a great idea!  (Have to ask - sounded like the Knight of the door's defensive system was probably voiced by you James, was it or was it someone else?)

The only character I played was myself in the commentary. From the Noo Yawkers, we managed to get some excellent British accents though!

CaptainD

Ah okay.  For some reason I'd convinced myself that you'd had great fun doing that voice yourself.  Really enjoying it so far, very nice job!

qptain Nemo

edit: Nevermind, sorted it out.

Fitz

If I remember correctly, you need TWO people to initiate the override -- one for the room downstairs and one for the panel (the blue lights) located halfway between the first and second floor. To get to that one you need to jam the wrench in the elevator's mechanism as it travels between floors. If you haven't found the wrench, the worker crushed by the elevator has it -- go up with the elevator with one team member and then switch to the one that's on the ground floor to examine the body.

qptain Nemo

Figured it with the help of a friend but thanks.

Did run into an actual bug right afterwards though. Sadly, couldn't reproduce it so don't know what triggers it.
Spoiler
Couldn't switch to Regis while in the Trance with Baxter and the "ghosts".
[close]

Finished the game. Very pleased. Excellent complex storytelling with a lot of nuance and originality. Other aspects were very solid too, the art, the voice acting, the music are all very good. There was some silliness too, that I mostly associated with having to have gameplay and making the player feel badass, but I could nitpick all day long. It's still one of the coolest story-driven games of recent time and I'm generally satisfied with it. So if I had to pick one serious criticism it'd be this:
Spoiler
The game lets you side with Nina but not with Galatea despite Galatea's idea sounding kind of much more reasonable and generally arguably pretty good, the sacrifices aside. And since those had already been irreversibly made, there was no reason not to genuinely consider her option. Even if it still required sacrificing Latha, it could be a decision she could possibly make herself. But that's just how I feel anyway, I still respect the author's judgment of what the characters would be willing to do in a given situation.
[close]

Technocrat

Quote from: qptain Nemo on Sun 21/06/2015 14:27:36
So if I had to pick one serious criticism it'd be this:
Spoiler
The game lets you side with Nina but not with Galatea despite Galatea's idea sounding kind of much more reasonable and generally arguably pretty good, the sacrifices aside. And since those had already been irreversibly made, there was no reason not to genuinely consider her option. Even if it still required sacrificing Latha, it could be a decision she could possibly make herself. But that's just how I feel anyway, I still respect the author's judgment of what the characters would be willing to do in a given situation.
[close]

Spoiler
I had originally considered allowing the player to go along with Galatea's plan. The problem with this, I shortly realised, is that this would mean Regis would be condoning not only the murders of all of the Mindjacker's victims, but also one of his daughters. A lot of games have an "evil" ending, but I don't personally care for "evil for evil's sake" in terms of characters, and it didn't seem to reflect how I thought Regis would have handled the situation.
[close]

Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

one of my all time fave modern p+c's ...   cant wait to replay on android...  will that be soon?

Stupot

I bought it. I've been meaning to get it anyway. But now I can play it on the bus :-)

xBRANEx

This is great!

How did you transfer it to iOS platforms?

Blondbraid

Cool!
I still remember first trying the first chapters of Technobabylon on this site years ago, and then buying the whole game on Steam to see the full story.
It's such a great game and I love the characters and story, so it's fun to hopefully see more people finding this game!

When I finally saw the ending though, I got curious, is there any plans for a sequel? :)

nanoriver

I cant belive the game was announced here :) I bought it a while ago and loved it. Almost everything from Wadjet Eye is awesome ^^

SilverSpook

This may be of interest to fans: an interview with Technobabylon creator James Dearden on Technobabylon 2, cyberpunk, adventure games, Deus Ex, Blade Runner 2049, and a bunch of other stuff!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk