A quick *THANK YOU* to the unsung heroes of AGS

Started by CaptainD, Mon 03/07/2017 13:51:45

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainD

I'm talking about those who may have had little or even nothing to do with directly making games, but who give great encouragement to all AGS developers by playing, reviewing and commenting on MANY games made with AGS.

Apologies in advance to anyone I may not have thought of but over not just months but years I have noticed that AGS forum members Michael2968, Andy and Stupot+ have left encouraging comments on hundreds of games, perhaps even thousands.  There are quite a number of games that would probably have painfully few or, even worse, no comments at all without your efforts - and believe me, knowing that just one person enjoyed your game enough to leave a comment can make a world of difference to the developer(s).

Just wanted to say thanks to you guys. :)

Stupot

Thanks for the shout out.
To be honest, though, I don't play nearly as many AGS games as I want to, and I still often forget to rate/comment (despite how much I bang on about how everyone else should do that).

I think since we're giving shoutouts to folks, I wanna mention Shadow1000, who seems to pretty much make a point of playing most (all?) new AGS games, especially MAGS games, and often has time to leave detailed and encouraging feedback. Superstar.

CaptainD

Ah yes Shadow1000 is most definitely one that should have been on my initial list, sorry Shadow!!

Andail

Thank you, Shadow1000, Stupot, Andy and Michael 2968 :=

...unless you wrote something negative about my own games, in which case: (wrong)

[delete}

Thank you, review writers!

Commenting on a game is truly the finest of all virtues of a member.

AnasAbdin

A big thank you goes to you Dave as well. You've always supported us and wrote great articles about our games. As I recall, the first review ever written for a game I made was by you :)

This topic is also my huge chance to let something kept in my chest for such a long time.. Stupot, thank you for being you :-*

NickyNyce

If it weren't for lots of those names mentioned and many more not mentioned, I might not have spent 4 years making games. You guys are a huge asset to this community. Both good and bad critique make us try harder and hopefully make us better. Thank you for your time and honesty.

It really is a unique eco system here at AGS.

Slasher

There are quite a number of members who are real unsung hero's on these Forums...

These include all the above posts as well as people like Crimson Wizard, Snarky and Khris who without their knowledgeable help would leave us in despair... There are also others and they know who they are...

My thanks to all of them over the years (nod)

Never forget them...

Long may they live...

Mandle

Quote from: Slasher on Wed 05/07/2017 12:12:19
There are quite a number of members who are real unsung hero's on these Forums...

You being one of them!

Funkpanzer

The overwhelming level of positivity and thoughtful criticism you're all so willing to provide is beyong humbling. Thank you. :-[

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk