Author Topic: AdventureX 2017 - Dates & Kickstarter  (Read 795 times)

Ali

• What will become of the baron?
  • Ali worked on a game that was nominated for an AGS Award!Ali worked on a game that won an AGS Award!
AdventureX 2017 - Dates & Kickstarter
« on: 08 Jul 2017, 14:00 »

AdventureX will be returning to London on the 11th & 12th of November 2017. Yay! We have launched a Kickstarter Campaign to help AdventureX keep growing. Please share the campaign & support us if you can.

Now in its 7th year, AdventureX is a free event bringing together developers & gamers with a passion for interactive storytelling. AdventureX was founded by Mark Lovegrove (m0ds). This year it is being run by Tom Cole (theSynapse) Rebecca McCarthy (Azure) and me.

We're in the process of booking Special Guests. So far, we look forward to welcoming:
  • Jon Ingold (80 Days, Sorcery!)
  • Rolf Saxon (voice of Broken Sword's George Stobbart)
  • Dave Gilbert (Mysterious Benefactor)
  • Doug Cockle (voice of Geralt of Rivia, the Witcher Series)
Speakers and schedule subject to change.

Applications for exhibitors / speakers / volunteers are now open:

There are two important changes for 2017:

• We are offering a limited edition Guest List reward, which guarantees entry to people who arrive before 12pm. This is mainly to make sure people who've travelled a long way don't get turned away at the door. However, we will still reserve spaces on the door for people who turn up early and join the queue. We think this is the best way of keeping things free and fair.
  • We are asking would-be exhibitors to submit a demo with their applications. We don't expect the demos to be 100% polished and ready for public consumption, but we need to be sure that your amazing game concept is more than just a concept.

I look forward to seeing as many of you as possible at AdventureX 2017!

Peder

Re: AdventureX 2017 - Dates & Kickstarter
« Reply #1 on: 08 Jul 2017, 14:10 »
Backed! :cool: Hoping to attend again this year too, but not sure I'll make it yet :undecided:
Subscribe to MAGSAN: http://eepurl.com/ca5dTv

Grundislav

• AGS Baker
  • Mittens Lord
  • Brogan
    • Lifetime Achievement Award Winner
    •  
  • Grundislav worked on a game that was nominated for an AGS Award!Grundislav worked on a game that won an AGS Award!
« Reply #2 on: 08 Jul 2017, 14:58 »
Backed, applied as a speaker, and attending! :D
A Golden Wake
Visit my Games Page           Read my Development Blog

Andail

• Global Moderator
  • Mittens Viscount
  • Cultured man of mystery
    • I can help with backgrounds
    •  
  • Andail worked on a game that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #3 on: 09 Jul 2017, 17:36 »
Clifftop Games and Faravid Interactive are now proud sponsors of Adventure X, and we will also attend to showcase our game Whispers of a Machine.

And me and Joel will hang around and socialize and stuff!

Privateer Puddin'

• Mittens Knight
  • bob
    • I can help with backgrounds
    •  
« Reply #4 on: 09 Jul 2017, 17:51 »
Won't be able to make it this year :( but hopefully I can catch the live streams!

CaptainD

• I can help with play testing
    •  
    • I can help with story design
    •  
    • I can help with voice acting
    •  
  • CaptainD worked on a game that was nominated for an AGS Award!CaptainD worked on a game that won an AGS Award!
« Reply #5 on: 09 Jul 2017, 20:16 »
It would appear that you have already passed your funding target!! :cheesy:  Any stretch goals?

cat

• Local Moderator
  • AGS Baker
  • Toffee Trouble in Creamville
  • cat worked on a game that was nominated for an AGS Award!cat worked on a game that won an AGS Award!
« Reply #6 on: 10 Jul 2017, 07:36 »
Awesome news!
Sadly, I won't be able to make it this year. Is there going to be a live stream?

JSH

• Founder of Clifftop Games
  • JSH worked on a game that was nominated for an AGS Award!JSH worked on a game that won an AGS Award!
« Reply #7 on: 10 Jul 2017, 11:39 »
Clifftop Games and Faravid Interactive are now proud sponsors of Adventure X, and we will also attend to showcase our game Whispers of a Machine.

And me and Joel will hang around and socialize and stuff!

Yup, happy to sponsor and attend, I'm sure it will be a blast as always! :)

Ali

• Ali worked on a game that was nominated for an AGS Award!Ali worked on a game that won an AGS Award!
« Reply #8 on: 10 Jul 2017, 12:14 »
The stretch goals are coming soon. Frankly, we didn't expect to hit the target this quickly and I didn't have the graphic ready. I'm pretty sure there will be a livestream, because we've probably already hit the stretch goal for it!

MJL

• Global Moderator
  • Mittens Duke
  • Mittens Founder
    • Lifetime Achievement Award Winner
    •  
  • MJL worked on a game that was nominated for an AGS Award!MJL worked on a game that won an AGS Award!
« Reply #9 on: 14 Aug 2017, 13:13 »
Very well done reaching your goal and way beyond! I'm wondering, have you considered bringing back the charity fund-raising element? And, if there are capacity issues (just reflecting on some comments I've seen about the place and, well, your own media statements about first come first served), what is stopping you from opening up the larger lecture hall? Just curious :)

Stupot

•  
    • I can help with proof reading
    •  
    • I can help with story design
    •  
    • I can help with voice acting
    •  
« Reply #10 on: 11 Nov 2017, 23:33 »
Since no one at the event thinks AGS is relevant to adventure games any more... :P

AdventureX is already halfway through.
Live stream is here: https://go.twitch.tv/adventurexpo

cat

• Local Moderator
  • AGS Baker
  • Toffee Trouble in Creamville
  • cat worked on a game that was nominated for an AGS Award!cat worked on a game that won an AGS Award!
« Reply #11 on: 12 Nov 2017, 18:40 »
Wow, I completely missed it :(

Too bad, there was no reminder here. Were the talks recorded?

ClickClickClick

• Don't listen to me.
    •  
    • I can help with proof reading
    •  
    • I can help with translating
    •  
« Reply #12 on: 12 Nov 2017, 20:14 »
Judging by how they handled the previous years, yes.
https://www.youtube.com/user/AdventureXpo/videos
Might take a while for them to upload.

Or go here:
https://go.twitch.tv/adventurexpo/videos/all
No idea how long twitch keeps recordings.

« Reply #13 on: 14 Nov 2017, 17:32 »
I have created a shared album gallery on Google Photo https://photos.app.goo.gl/qeAtXwTp87PGapVw1 :D Anybody can jump in and upload stuff if they feel like!
"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing."

Ali

« Reply #14 on: 14 Nov 2017, 20:10 »
Wow, I completely missed it :(

Too bad, there was no reminder here. Were the talks recorded?

Sorry you missed the livestream! Technical problems (that weren't our fault) meant that Dave Gilbert's opening talk wasn't streamed. But it was recorded by Adventure-Treff and should appear on their YouTube channel. All the other talks were recorded, with (hopefully) improved audio equipment. They're available on twitch for a while, and we'll clean up the picture and sound and put them on the AdventureX YouTube channel over the next weeks.

For anyone who missed the drama on the Saturday morning: even though we had tested it minutes earlier, the lectern in the auditorium stopped working just before the first talk. So we had to move the entire conference from the 120 seater into the larger auditorium next door, running 30 minutes behind schedule. This is something we didn't want to do, because we'd rather have a 120 seater absolutely packed out (with lots of people left outside playing games) than a 250+ seater looking half-full (with fewer people left to play games). None of this was ideal, but we had no alternative. I hope it didn't impact too negatively upon the exhibitors' experience. The room change is also why the videos from Saturday have piles of tables and whiteboards everywhere -  we weren't expecting anyone to see them!

In spite of this, I felt that the talks were some of the most inspiring and thought provoking we've had. The feedback I've heard has been very positive.
« Last Edit: 14 Nov 2017, 20:24 by Ali »

« Reply #15 on: 14 Nov 2017, 23:58 »
In spite of this, I felt that the talks were some of the most inspiring and thought provoking we've had. The feedback I've heard has been very positive.

They were inspiring indeed, Ali, and I'm quite frankly still feeling a kind of "positive unease" after Brian Moriarty's speech. I find myself going back in my mind to specific chunks of his talk a lot.
I already did it live, but I want to thank you and everyone else involved in the event's organization. Thank you. I had a blast.
"We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing."