AdventureX

Started by Ali, Sat 08/07/2017 14:00:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Ali

Hi! The Kickstarter is coming very soon, so I was waiting for that to post here. But, basically, its happening.

Ali

Bump! The Kickstarter for AdventureX 2018 will launch at midday tomorrow. Keep an eye on our twitter feed and get in fast for early bird discounts on a weekend pass.

The announcement on the blog goes into detail about our new venue, and why we've decided to make the event ticketed this year.

Ali

Double bump:

AdventureX will be returning to London on the 10th & 11th of November 2018. Yay! We have launched a Kickstarter Campaign to help AdventureX keep growing. Please share the campaign & support us if you can.

Applications for exhibitors / speakers / volunteers are now open:
Applications close July 31st. We don't charge exhibitors to show off their games at AdventureX.

There biggest changes for 2018 are:

• We are running in partnership with the British Library, as part of International Games Week. This means we have a bigger venue, in a central London location.
  • AdnventureX 2018 will be a ticketed event for the first time. But you can get significantly discounted tickets if you back the Kickstarter fast! For more info on this decision, please check out the 2018 announcement.

I look forward to seeing as many of you as possible at AdventureX 2018!

Ali

Quadruple bump. (Do let me know if you want me to stop bumping, but in the past people have complained that AdventureX info was late to arrive on the AGS forums.)

If you missed the Kickstarter, but still want a ticket, tomorrow is the big day. The remaining tickets go on sale from the British Library on Monday: https://www.bl.uk/events/adventurex-weekend-ticket

If the Kickstarter is anything to go by, there's a decent chance the tickets will sell-out. The full schedule will be announced soon, but Ragnar Tornquist (of The Longest Journey) and Dave Gilbert (of this parish) will both be sharing their wisdom. That seems like a good enough endorsement to me.

selmiak

postbetweenthebumps...

just bump it with news ali!

cat

Yes, please, keep the info coming!

I most likely won't be able to attend this year as well, but I'd love to watch a few of the talks online.

Ali

Amazingly, we've already sold out apart from a few Sunday tickets. Sorry you can't make it cat, hopefully we'll see you on the livestream!

cat

And just as I thought that I might still be able to make it, it sells out. Bad luck, I guess.
Still, keep us updated here and we might follow you on the live-stream.

Stupot

Bumping this now as it got neglected last year.
It would be nice if some AGSers at the event would post here occasionally. Pics, updates, fun news. Anything to make the rest of us feel included. Thanks.

Live stream is here:
http://adventurexpo.org/livestream/

(The page above says that the livestream will be live on 11th and 12th. I'm guessing that's a hangover from last year. It would say 10th and 11th.)

Privateer Puddin'

Ali

Quote from: Stupot on Thu 08/11/2018 23:00:51
(The page above says that the livestream will be live on 11th and 12th. I'm guessing that's a hangover from last year. It would say 10th and 11th.)

Well, last year it said "2016" for the whole weekend. WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME!?

(Corrected.)

eri0o

Arrived at this very cold land! Hope to see you all

Edit: met a lot of people today, demoing Future Flashback tomorrow too. If you are here please come play! Also I may not know your face and name, so if possible, please tell me who are you :D

Ali

Hello! This might be the last thing on everyone's mind, but we've decided to cancel AdventureX 2020 because of the Covid-19 crisis. There's more info here:

http://adventurexpo.org/adventurex-2020-cancelled/

As AGSers, you might be particularly interested in the fact that we're going to run an AdventureX Game Jam in November instead.

Babar

:(
Somehow in my head I'm not comprehending having to deal with Covid-19 way into November...
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Ali

Yeah, hopefully lockdown will be a distant memory... but it seems likely that social distancing will still be advisable. And, with the venue being a public building, the decision would probably be out of our hands.

Stupot

I like the idea of an AdvX Game Jam.

Perhaps some kind of pared down online conference with Zoom-based presentations and demonstrations would be cool. And it could be used as a bit of fund raising to put towards a bumper AdvX the following year.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk