Fortnightly Writing Competition - Redemption (RESULTS)

Started by Blondbraid, Thu 20/07/2017 14:27:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Baron

Quote from: Mandle on Tue 15/08/2017 17:51:28
Cheers, and sorry... I will read all tomorrow and vote...

Got a bit busy with tidying-up work on a commercial project... Exciting news coming soon!

Pure fiction.  The real reason Mandle hasn't voted is due to the time warp you have to go through to get to or from Australia.  For him it is now last Thursday and he still has three days to vote. ;)

Frodo

Sorry, I've been so busy recently.  :sad:

But if my vote could still be counted?  Please?  Pretty please?  :wink:

BEST CHARACTER ARC:  Rocchinator.  Cedric truly has seen the error of his ways.  Love how he's giving his fortune to Randy's wife 

BEST SETTING\WORLD:  Baron.  You describe that horryfying world so clearly.

BEST WRITING\STYLE:  Sinitrena.  Love that poem style of writing.  I can imagine somebody reading it to me. 

Mandle

Okay, sorry for the late voting... I read all stories and here are my votes:

Best Character arc: Baron
Best Setting/World: Baron
Best Writing/Style: Sinitrena

Blondbraid

Very well, the new votes have broken the tie with Baron as the winner with Roccinator as a close second and SilverSpook and Sinitrena in the third place.
Congratulations to all the winners!

I tried for a long time to come up with a good visual metaphor that would adequately represent redemption,
but in the end I ended up tossing my hands in the air and wound up drawing dead albatrosses instead. Here are the trophies:

Frodo

Congrats Baron, Rocchinator, SilverSpook, and Sinitrena  :grin:

Sinitrena

Quote from: Samual Taylor Coleridge: The Rime of the Ancient Mariner
Ah! Well a-day! What evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the albatross
About my neck was hung.

Congrets, everyone. See you next round.

Baron

Quote from: Samual Taylor Coleridge: The Rime of the Ancient Mariner
Ah! Well a-day! What evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the albatross
About my neck was hung.

That's surely just the opium talking.... (roll)

It seemed like a very close contest this time around, and I think that victory could have gone any one of four ways depending on the acuteness of Mandle's jetlag at the moment that he chose to vote. ;)
Thanks for all the votes, folks!  I'll try to have the next competition up in a jiffy.

Mandle

Congratz to all for a great batch of stories, and to Baron for the win!

Oh, and Baron, about the redemption theme in my story you commented on:

Spoiler
Perhaps I didn't make it clear but, the redemption in my story wasn't Joe making up for imagined damage he had caused. It was his redemption in leaving behind his selfish life of addiction by helping Candice redeem herself from her own cycle of harming others because of hers.
[close]

Rocchinator

Yay! My first writing competition in the podium. Congrats to Baron Silverspook and Sinitrena really good stories

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk