Guardians of Gold

Started by amanta4ray, Sat 22/07/2017 15:36:09

Previous topic - Next topic

amanta4ray

Allyson and Kyle are back and this time they are heading to Paititi, the legendary city of gold.  It is an ancient Incan temple that has been hidden away for centuries among the dense jungles of Peru.  Some claim that this city is nothing more than myth, a figment of an over-active imagination, while others have spent their entire lives searching for it, always coming up empty-handed.  That is, until fate steps in and Allyson finds a letter from one of its holy men claiming to be in possession of two idols necessary to gain entrance.  The temptation is too great to ignore and our treasure hunters are hot on the trail of what could be the biggest find in history.

• Double-click to transport instantly to new room
  • In-game hint system on puzzles
  • Icon that lets you switch between player characters
  • 150 rooms to explore
  • 6-8 hours of gameplay

Download Link: https://amanta4ray.itch.io/guardians-of-gold
Alternate Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/b6sq9tf4xyaqkpc/Guardians+of+Gold.zip

Walk-through link: https://amanta4ray.itch.io/guardians-of-gold

Mandle

Oh, hell yeah!!!

I so love your games, and this looks like another classic already!

josiah1221

:shocked: Holy cow, 2 games in a month, sweet!!! Can't wait to see where this adventure takes Allyson and Kyle :)

Shadow1000

Wow...what a great surprise. I would not have expected another beautiful-looking release so close to the previous game. I can't wait to play...

amanta4ray

Thanks everyone....I hope you like the new game.

peter

Hi
When i fly with Allyson to France and will walk to the right or up i get a error
in "room36.asc", line 100 (or line 91)
Error: startcutscene: already in a cutscene

And when i switch to Kyle
in "room36.asc", line 110
Error: Movecharacter; character not in current room

But when i load it again, and walk to the right without to use the Arrow then i can walk to the right ?

Thanks

amanta4ray

There was a part in that cut-scene that returned control to the player....just let them continue walking out of the room and not try to escape out of it. 

peter

Yes that's give the error.

Mandle

Downloading now and can't wait to play!

EDIT: Loving the game so far after about an hour or so playing... As always a big ole fun serving of corn with the inner and actual dialogs... So awesome!

I did get a crash when I tried:
Spoiler
Using the lemon on the sponge in the drawer, which seemed like an obvious thing to try so pretty serious crash
[close]

I hadn't saved for a while so will just leave it there for now and retrace my steps next time I have time to play...

amanta4ray

Mandle, I will check that error out....for some reason, I never thought to try that when testing the game. 

Edit: Fixed it.

Anne

josiah1221

I finished this the other night and very much enjoyed it! Fun puzzles, fun dialogue, and nice references/easter eggs :) I didn't have any crashes but I did notice a few typos and hotspot 5 in Allyson's closet is missing a label. A couple of things I really liked...
Spoiler
The changes you made to the decor in Allyson's house and the Antique shop were a nice touch. I also got a good laugh from the radio reference from Fun, Sun and Mishaps. Billy Idol is awesome! :)
[close]

Mandle

Just finished the game, and it was so much fun!

It took me about 4 hours total I guess, which was a bit shorter than I expected. Are there really 150 rooms? Does that count every puzzle screen as a room?

Loved all the casual puzzles and felt excited every time I came upon one. A great balance of stuff with something everyone will enjoy! And also probably have to resort to pen and paper now and then, but that's old-school and awesome in itself.

I managed to get through the game without using any ingame hints or external walkthroughs. A few of the word puzzles were challenging, but by taking logical steps they were all solvable without hints for me.

Loved the seperate character quests. It felt good to meet up again after each was done. Felt like a real accomplishment.

Can't wait for your next game, and will be playing the one before this in the meanwhile (sorry, forgot the name: Troubles In Paradise or something like that)

Thanks for so much fun once again!

amanta4ray

I'm glad everyone's enjoying the game...I love challenging myself in coming up with puzzles not seen before.

Quote from: josiah1221 on Sat 29/07/2017 04:06:55
I also got a good laugh from the radio reference from Fun, Sun and Mishaps. Billy Idol is awesome! :)
Especially when I got to see him in concert...amazing!!!

Quote from: Mandle on Sat 29/07/2017 10:29:51
Are there really 150 rooms? Does that count every puzzle screen as a room?
Yes, that does take into account the puzzle rooms as well as the walkable ones.

I'm already hard at work figuring out where our dynamic duo will be heading to next....stay tuned.:grin:

Shadow1000

I finished the game a few days ago. My comments are similar to Mandle.

Here's my overview:

First, I really enjoyed the game. The plot, while not ground-breaking, is definitely exciting enough to justify the length.

Second, the graphics are absolutely beautiful. Graphics good enough to really push the enjoyability of the game to the next level.

As far as the puzzles, Mandle said it right: there are LOADS of puzzles in this game. And the range of puzzles go from the traditional to some really clever ones, with lots of "close-up" puzzles, dialogue puzzles, inventory puzzles, math puzzles, word puzzles, pattern matching and the list goes on and on. And I happened to have found them all to be just a lot of fun. Very few were difficult or frustrating so you really feel that you're moving along in the game (this leads back into the pacing of the plot with the progress of the game). I like the way Mandle refers to them as "casual puzzles". Unlike Mandle, I did need to use some of the in game hints and I needed the walkthrough a few times. I've told amanta4ray which puzzles required the walkthrough and I think that the reasons were more technical (such as not being able to see certain colours, or something that went by the screen too fast) rather than weakness in the puzzles themselves. I think that this range and balance in puzzles really opens up the fun of the game to a very wide spectrum of players.

My only suggestion is that a bit more beta testing would have ironed out some of the bugs that people experienced, as well as some typos and grammar and the game would have been that much more polished.

But overall, the experience was just such a delight that I strongly recommend the game to anyone looking for a longer immersive play.

Looking forward to the next adventure!

splat44

Interesting game! Since antique shop was the same as in "Echoes of the Past", was this game a sequel?

While playing this game and seeing that antique, I distinctly recall seeing same shop from other game and until I made few digging I then understood the confusion! LOL!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk