Graphical Issue with VerbCoin GUI

Started by null, Tue 25/07/2017 18:35:35

Previous topic - Next topic

null

Hello, all. I'm new to AGS and I'm not sure if this is where this goes, but I've searched around and can't seem to find any information on this issue, any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have a game set up with custom images for a verbcoin. In-game when you click to open the verbcoin and mouse over the Look button, a phantom image appears behind it. I did assign a mouse-over image to the Look button and that works fine, but another phantom image also appears behind it when the Look Button is moused over.

Again, any help with this would be appreciated.

Cassiebsg

I'm assuming that you are using the default verbcoin template that comes with AGS, since you have not mentioned otherwise.

If I remember that one right, you will need to create the "backdrop" image, the one where no option has yet been selected, and then one for each selection. As in close hand, big eye, open mouth, etc.
Best way to do this is to open the sprites folder in the project tree, locate the verbcoin images and replace each one with the appropriate one you want for each action.

I think it comes with 3 actions by default, talk, interact and look. So you need 4 sprites here.

Hope it helps, if it's not this, please give more info about the problem.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

null

I've already assigned the sprites to each action including its corresponding mouse-over action and that's working fine. The issue is that on mouse-over, another sprite is shown behind the one that is being pointed at. I don't know if this is just a bug in AGS or what, but it's really odd. I've also gone to the Sprites tab and right-clicked on the phantom sprites that are appearing and clicked "Show Usage" thinking maybe I had assigned that sprite to another function in error, but this isn't the case. When I click that for each sprite, it only shows the single usage for it (Look_Button, Interact_Button, etc).

Here's a screenshot of what's happening: http://imgur.com/L4JqGq3 (the mouse-over action works and the eye closes, but there is a copy of the verbcoin itself that appears when the eye is moused over).

Khris

First of all, this is most definitely not a bug in AGS. The chances of weird behavior being an actual bug, as opposed to user error, are essentially zero.

Looking at how the Verb Coin template is set up, none of the buttons have any images assigned to them. The template will simply switch the VerbCoin gui's background graphic, depending on which button the mouse is currently hovering.
You assigned mouse over images to the buttons, upending the template's mechanism.

Like Cassie explained, and like shown in the Sprites folder when you first looked at it, if you have three verbs, you need to create four sprites of the entire verb coin.

null

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk