[ RELEASED] Dreams in the Witch House

Started by rongel, Mon 21/08/2017 14:53:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandle

Quote from: rongel on Sun 02/10/2022 16:13:25Maybe the hieroglyph reads from left to right, making it the opposite  :P

Noitcerruser machine?

Nowhere Girl

I'm wondering how will saving work in the game: will it be possible to save at any moment, or does it include some kind of autosaving? The former would be better, it would greatly simplify exploration of possible paths and outcomes.

rongel

Quote from: Nowhere Girl on Fri 14/10/2022 11:48:26I'm wondering how will saving work in the game: will it be possible to save at any moment, or does it include some kind of autosaving? The former would be better, it would greatly simplify exploration of possible paths and outcomes.
There's an autosave each morning, but you can also do manual saves. The saving is limited only in very specific situations / locations.
Dreams in the Witch House on Steam & GOG

Mandle

Quote from: rongel on Sat 15/10/2022 17:10:57The saving is limited only in very specific situations / locations.

At least one of which I have died in several times I think.

rongel

Big news! Dreams in the Witch House has a publisher!

Bonus Stage Publishing is helping me to finish the game and spread the word. Feels good to share the load!

This means the game will be delayed to early 2023, so that they have time to do their thing. The upside is that DITWH will be more polished and tested when it launches.

Link to the official announcement: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1902850/view/3376037401290307161

heltenjon

Congratulations! Well deserved!

rongel

Hello, it's been a while!

Next month there will be some big announcements, but for now, happy Holidays and a good new year!

rongel

Youtuber vicek83 has a tradition to ask adventure game developers their plans for the new year. The 2023 video was just released and I'm in it too!

There's a lot of talented developers talking about their work, so even if you are not interested in DITWH, you might find something else there :)

Happy New Year!

rongel

It's finally happening:

DREAMS IN THE WITCH HOUSE will be RELEASED on FEBRUARY 16TH!

The game will be available on Steam and on GOG. I've been developing DITWH for seven years now, so this is pretty exciting.

To celebrate the upcoming launch, here's a brand new Release Trailer. Take a look (and a listen, Troy's score is amazing)! 

agentbauer

Quote from: rongel on Wed 01/02/2023 15:42:32It's finally happening:

DREAMS IN THE WITCH HOUSE will be RELEASED on FEBRUARY 16TH!

The game will be available on Steam and on GOG. I've been developing DITWH for seven years now, so this is pretty exciting.

To celebrate the upcoming launch, here's a brand new Release Trailer. Take a look (and a listen, Troy's score is amazing)! 

Wonderful news ;)
Loved the demo and can't wait to play the whole game.
Roger Wilco Rules
NEW HOMEPAGE: http://spacequestiv5.pytalhost.at
Space Quest IV.5 Version 3.00 is finally done, check it out:
http://www.bigbluecup.com/yabb/index.php?topic=40735.msg538357;boardseen#new

rongel

Quote from: agentbauer on Wed 01/02/2023 16:18:41Wonderful news ;)
Loved the demo and can't wait to play the whole game.
Great to hear that! If the demo worked for you, I think you will enjoy the full game!

lapsking

Congratulations rongel! Looks amazing. Wow, 7 years, I thought I'm a bit cuckoo spending a year for 3 and half hours gameplay, but here we go. Respect for putting so much into art of video game.
keep it indie

Matti

rongel

Quote from: lapsking on Wed 01/02/2023 20:06:20Congratulations rongel! Looks amazing. Wow, 7 years, I thought I'm a bit cuckoo spending a year for 3 and half hours gameplay, but here we go. Respect for putting so much into art of video game.
Thanks! Yes, I know what you mean! But to be honest, I didn't know much about anything when I started the project. So I've redone the game several times now, and just kept adding more stuff in it. It's good that I have a publisher now, otherwise I might still just continue messing around with it!

Quote from: Matti on Thu 02/02/2023 09:23:21Great news! I'm looking forward to it.
Thanks! Only two weeks left for the release!

heltenjon

I have played the demo several times now. I'll admit I am always a bit skeptical towards games where events happen in a sort of real time and you may miss them if you are not in the right place. However, I've played focusing on solving different problems, and this makes the games played quite varied. It looks good, animates extremely well, and the mechanics are well-oiled and easy to get the hang of. Perhaps you'll get a role player out of me yet. The story is also very well told, and the dream sequences are...odd. And scary. I eagerly await the full version, and I guess this may well be a hit in 2023.

Too bad that the demo was never entered into the database. Now it's impossible to nominate it for best demo of 2022. Which it may well be.

rongel

Quote from: heltenjon on Sun 05/02/2023 00:42:01I have played the demo several times now. I'll admit I am always a bit skeptical towards games where events happen in a sort of real time and you may miss them if you are not in the right place. However, I've played focusing on solving different problems, and this makes the games played quite varied. It looks good, animates extremely well, and the mechanics are well-oiled and easy to get the hang of. Perhaps you'll get a role player out of me yet. The story is also very well told, and the dream sequences are...odd. And scary. I eagerly await the full version, and I guess this may well be a hit in 2023.
That's great to hear! I think the last year I've just tried it to make the game more approachable, and make the systems more clear to player (which is probably the hardest thing to do!). I'm very happy you liked the gameplay, with the roleplaying mechanisms and all.

QuoteToo bad that the demo was never entered into the database. Now it's impossible to nominate it for best demo of 2022. Which it may well be.
Well sh... shoot. I think I just totally forgot that you could apply for the best demo. Because the full game was delayed from 2022 to 2023, I was just thinking that I will miss this years competition altogether. I'll be sure add the full game to the database as soon as it's released!

rongel

Only one day until the release!

And after that it's time to close this thread. It's been fun four and a half years here :-D

Now, back to panicking!

Dreams in the Witch House will be available on Steam and GOG

Matti

I will try it out later today!

Somehow it's a great timing, because the game will help me get through my first (and hopefully last) covid infection  ;-D

rongel

The game is completed and released, so this thread can be locked now. Thanks for following the development!

Darth Mandarb

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk