Graphic association

Started by Spyros, Thu 17/04/2003 19:28:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Spyros

Would it be hard to associate AGS sprites with our favorite drawing program (like the way the script editor works). So if we right click on a sprite there will be an "Edit sprite" command that will open the drawing program.

AJA

That could be nice... Maybe... If it'd open the source file of the sprite and make the changes to that file and the re-import the file to AGS.

Warning: Advertising ahead!  >:(

ScriptEditor is a scripting utility for use with AGS. It has all the functions of AGS built-in and they can be found from the ScriptEditor's menus easilly. When you choose to add a function a "Add Command" dialog will be shown. There you can read the information of the function and fill in the parameter values and when you click "Add" the function with the given params will be added to the script. ScriptEditor also has a feature called "Own Commands" (OCs for short). You can use that to add your own functions to the lists of ScriptEditor.

I really need your support and comments on this project! Sorry for this advertisement, but I just want to help newbies and older members who haven't yet tested this program. This will make scripting much easier (at least it did that for me)... You can kill me if you like, but... You don't know where I live!!! Ha!!! :P

Pumaman

Interesting idea... I'll add it to the list.

Igor

Great idea! It would spare lots of time.

Scummbuddy

do it right the first time.... syke

nah, I think I would use this
- Oh great, I'm stuck in colonial times, tentacles are taking over the world, and now the toilets backing up.
- No, I mean it's really STUCK. Like adventure-game stuck.
-Hoagie from DOTT

Erica McLane

I like this idea, and I don`t think it will be hard. Chris, can I add it to the tracker?

danny*

great idea!!!!
this whould save lot of  time!!!!

Hollister Man

We have a function almost exactly like this in Quark X-press.  It is really helpful, since it is hard to even see the images in Quark.

Slightly off topic, is there any possibility that the room files could be decoded externally, so we could use like Photoshop layers to edit.  That way it would be possible to do walkbehinds and walkable areas VERY neatly, where I have trouble even when I import the files.
That's like looking through a microscope at a bacterial culture and seeing a THOUSAND DANCING HAMSTERS!

Your whole planet is gonna blow up!  Your whole DAMN planet...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk