BACKGROUND BLITZ: Isometric Madness (LAST DAY FOR VOTING!)

Started by Rocchinator, Wed 02/08/2017 02:00:15

Previous topic - Next topic

horusr

I decided to make one of rooms of this mags entry's isometric for this!
A very little progress:
Spoiler
[close]

DBoyWheeler

Nice, Horusr!  Even in 8-bit style (that's my guess in what it is), that's a good isometric room.

And even with what you drew, you got me beat.

horusr

Thank you! Ok, here is my entry, which is also one of rooms in MAGS August project
[imgzoom]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/221048175706767372/344840284296839169/godrestisometric.png[/imgzoom]

Rocchinator

Amazing work and cool that its going to be on a mags too. So far so good entries

Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

Excellent work so far guys.. This must be a real challenge. I have never tried iso-metric pixel art either, you guys have inspired me to try it out sometime.

Would love to see entries with different styles too!

Great stuff folks!

Cassiebsg

Decided I wanted to try an isometric with Blender. :-D
For some odd reason, the only thing that come to mind is: medieval castle... (roll)

Stone texture & Red fabric on the tapestry: Eric Matyas
Tapestry image: @ Durdenimages | Dreamstime.com (Royalty-free)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

nice one cassie :),, really love the mood/lighting (perhaps some more ambient light or light on the floor areas?.. just a tad though, i dunno) I am curious about the colored tiles on the floor.. is this part of some puzzle! ;) I am intrigued!

really well done!

lorenzo

Lovely background Cassiebsg! It has a nice RPG vibe and I can imagine some head-scratching puzzles involving that tapestry.
I love the other entries too, so many different styles!

I'm still working on my entry, hope I can finish it in time.

DBoyWheeler

@cassiebsg For some weird reason, I get this vibe of catacombs from King's Quest 6.  Maybe an Isometric verion of it?

Anyway, nice work.

Rocchinator

Wooow In my head something reminded me of Diablo 1 amazing bg.

selmiak

Nice one cassie. That blueish light under the crate give a real nice contrast to the grate itsel. I'd add the same light, or maybe even brighter inside the door on top of the image just to make the openeing in the wall stand out more there too. Nice work! :)

lorenzo

Here's my entry:

I'm not very happy with it. Unfortunately I didn't have much time to work on it, so it's a bit rough and not all that precise.

Kumpel

@Cassie: Wow I got an instant "Satanica"-Vibe with your entry. It was a very funny low budget diablo clone from 2001 that looked close to this because it worked with rooms and dungeons at exactly this size. Thanks for reminding me of this youthful lapse of good taste in video games :D

@Lorenzo: I love your art style and would really like to explore this market or ask for ice cream!

Rocchinator

lorenzo why you are not happey? i think its gorgeous, your really dig it here Well Done

lorenzo

Rocchinator: Thank you for the kind words. :) I preferred some of the sketches that I made to the final image, the result is not what I wanted. I had some problems with the scale of objects too, I blame my inexperience with isometric drawing. It was a nice challenge, however! It's good to get out of your comfort zone.

Kumpel: Thanks! With the hot summer we're having, an ice-cream would really hit the spot ;)

Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

its time for you to make a game lorenzo! .. your art work is too good!

DBoyWheeler

Quote from: Tycho Magnetic Anomaly on Wed 16/08/2017 22:06:04
its time for you to make a game lorenzo! .. your art work is too good!
I so agree!  Hey, maybe he might consider taking part in an upcoming MAGS. ;)

horusr

Why lorenzo why?! Are you happy with making us, entrants, eat our nails?
You always have great work and ofc always Ã,,±nhappy with it.
I hate joining a competition when you join too :D
But this time you will have hard time, because there is ubel and cassiebsg, and all entrants have different drawing style!

dactylopus

lorenzo, that's a great image, and what I would hope for in an isometric background.  It's easy to think tiled, as most isometric games are done with tiles, but this style is gorgeous.

Nixxon

Excellent work Lorenzo as always! Amazing, well done :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk