BACKGROUND BLITZ: Isometric Madness (LAST DAY FOR VOTING!)

Started by Rocchinator, Wed 02/08/2017 02:00:15

Previous topic - Next topic

lorenzo

Thanks a lot everybody :) I guess I need to be less insecure about my drawings, because most of the time I'm not sure if what I've drawn is any good (especially if I'm trying something different). Maybe I'm just boring, I don't know!

Tycho and DBoyWheeler: I made a few small games in the past for friends, but nothing good enough for a bigger audience. Thing is, I'm terrible with puzzle design â€" and my programming isn't any better!

Quote from: horusr on Thu 17/08/2017 02:20:37
I hate joining a competition when you join too :D
I'm sorry for being so annoying to you, horusr! (laugh) If it's any consolation, I hate your avatar: so hypnotic... can't stop watching it... can't stop thinking about coffee... ;)

Rocchinator

Ok, guys last day for entries if someone need a little more time let me know today!

dactylopus

Quote from: lorenzo on Thu 17/08/2017 11:24:08
Tycho and DBoyWheeler: I made a few small games in the past for friends, but nothing good enough for a bigger audience. Thing is, I'm terrible with puzzle design â€" and my programming isn't any better!
I know what you mean.  I come up with (what I believe to be) great story ideas, but my art and programming prevent me from really doing anything about them.

horusr

lorenzo

Hey, Rocchinator, isn't the last day the 19th? At least that's what you say in the first post ;)
Quote from: Rocchinator on Wed 02/08/2017 02:00:15
Deadline: the 19th of Agust 2017.

Quote from: dactylopus on Thu 17/08/2017 16:50:50
I know what you mean.  I come up with (what I believe to be) great story ideas, but my art and programming prevent me from really doing anything about them.
Yes, the game I made were all simple and basic because I'm not good at programming, so there's a limit to what I can do. What's worse, I don't enjoy coding, so I won't probably become much better in the future.

cat

@lorenzo You should definitely participate in MAGS. There are always people who are good at coding but can't draw, so you could team up!

Rocchinator

OK GUYS AMAZING ENTRIES EVERYONE TIME TO VOTE!

DBoyWheeler

Ubel

horusr

[imgzoom]https://i.hizliresim.com/RPjGXo.jpg[/imgzoom]

Cassiebgs

lorenzo

Misj'

Stupot

Concept Ubel - I would love to play this game.
Playability Horusr - nice, functional area, exits are clearly signposted.
Artistic expression lorenzo - It's rare to see isometric art in a painted, non-pixel-art style. And it's just gorgeous.

Click'd

I don't know.

horusr

Wait, what is problem with my entry? :o

[imgzoom]https://i.hizliresim.com/RPjGXo.jpg[/imgzoom]

Misj'

Quote from: Rocchinator on Thu 17/08/2017 14:46:52Ok, guys last day for entries if someone need a little more time let me know today!
Wait...what? - you said the deadline was the nineteenth.
Quote from: Rocchinator on Wed 02/08/2017 02:00:15Deadline: the 19th of Agust 2017

I didn't need any more time, but I wasn't on the forums yesterday, so I'm kinda - well - not happy you changed the deadline mid-contest.

Anyway, here's my entry (not even 24 hours after you said it's the last day...two days early, but still after you closed it for some reason).

(in case anyone is wondering: yes, this background is finished)

EDIT: (very) loosely inspired by the first room in Space Quest 1
EDIT2: I wasn't even online (internet in general) during the time to ask for more time (that is: ask for the time originally indicated), so there was no way to respond. But as you can read from my tone, this change in deadline really bothers me, since I spend quite some time and energy on this background.

Ubel

Concept: lorenzo
Playability: lorenzo
Artistic Execution: lorenzo

Would love to see this style in a game. Not only is the style itself very pretty, the setting is also very cozy and ripe for some adventuring.

Hobo

Concept: Ubel
Playability: lorenzo
Artistic Execution: lorenzo

DBoyWheeler

Concept: Cassiebgs (seriously, it's almost like a 3d-ish version of one of the rooms in the catacombs in King's Quest VI--at least, that's the kind of vibes I get from this one)
Playability: horusr (feels like a classical game, as in from the good ol' days.  And so much stuff to interact with.)
Artistic Execution: lorenzo (seriously, he should team up with someone who's good at coding for the upcoming MAGS--his artistic style and a friend's coding would make quite the entry!)

Rocchinator

Misj' Shit Man You are Right! EVERYONE REVOTE PLZ, MY BAD!

I got confused, sorry my bad. Amazing job in that entry btw Misj'.

horusr

Concept cassiebsg
Playability lorenzo
Art. Exe. Ubel

Cassiebsg

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

DBoyWheeler

Well, my three votes will still be the same.

Danvzare

Concept: Cassiebgs
Playability: Ubel
Artistic Execution: Misj'

selmiak

Concept: Cassiebgs
Playabilty: Ubel
Artistic Execution: Ubel

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk