Equalizer function under Windows 7

Started by selmiak, Sat 05/08/2017 08:52:43

Previous topic - Next topic

selmiak

I was wondering if there is any way to manipulate the sound under windows 7. I have to normal volume slider but some more control over the frequencies and their volumes would be nice.
I have that in VLC but when listening to music on youtube or soundcloud or any other service I access via the browser I need the equalizer either inside the browser (?) or on the operating system. seems like win 7 doesn't offer much for that. is there any browser with an equalizer?
I have a NVIDIA soundcard (speccy tells me) but I wouldn't know how to access the equalizer on that if there is any.

if anything else fails, are there any great equalizer proggys for win7? But I want to acess it onboard first somehow before installing another program :P

NicolaGs

Some audio card have, in addition to the driver, some software allowing different settings like equalizer  - but these additional software are not always installed with the driver. I don't know for nVidia, but mine has one - I just had a rough time finding it and installing it.
You should search on the manufacturer support page if there's such a thing for your model.

Also, some video card have a built-in audio card. And the motherboard has another one... then maybe you can switch to the one that has such an equalizer...

If it does not exist for your card : I think there should be also some "generic" equalizer software (iirc I tested one a looong time ago) working with every sound card, but it may add delay/lagging/artifact as they don't work at the driver level (it's less efficient).
Maybe this (not tested) : https://sourceforge.net/projects/equalizerapo/
My first game : I Want Out!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk