(DEMO) FOR FROGS SAKE! GET THE FROG OUT!

Started by Smarty, Wed 09/08/2017 07:43:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Smarty

Here is a little demo I created recently.. it only has one level so far, you just have to get the little tadpole to safety.

Anyhow I was planning on a release of the full version by years end.

Demo here: http://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2186/

Check out these screenies..

Watch out for Catfish!

Or Crayfish!

From little things...

Any feedback and/or suggestions are welcome...
Otherwise... FOR FROGS SAKE! GET THE FROG OUT!

Glenjamin

I have a strong positive bias towards frogs.

Seems like fun! (laugh)

Creamy

I'm not too fond of the gameplay relying on trial and error but I like the theme of the game.

Good luck with it !

Smarty

QuoteI'm not too fond of the gameplay relying on trial and error but I like the theme of the game.

Good luck with it !

Yeah, I'm deliberately going with a trial and error style to better reflect the 'hit and miss' life of a tadpole.
Most tadpoles never make it to adulthood as they form part of the food chain for larger animals.
Of course, we all know tadpoles talk and can operate switches :grin:

To give it an underwater feel, I added 'bubbles' that float to the surface when things are interacted with.
Custom made sounds and music! :cool:
Have been working on the next few levels (1,2,3,4) between keeping warm, chopping firewood, hatching chickens and planting our spring vegetable garden. 8-)
Time has gotten away from me, and I've started making ANOTHER game :-[  I just can't help it.. Since discovering AGS I just can't stop!
Thanks for playing so far...
Watch this space! :P

Shadow1000

Nice visuals, effects and gameplay.

Are the actions done by pressing the letters for Open, Use, Talk, give and so on active? I found those by pressing W, A, D, etc. If they aren't part of the game they should be removed, IMO.

LimboJimbo84

Was this influenced by Frog Fractions? Similar art style and theme! Looks interesting man :smiley:

Smarty

QuoteAre the actions done by pressing the letters for Open, Use, Talk, give and so on active? I found those by pressing W, A, D, etc. If they aren't part of the game they should be removed, IMO.
Shadow1000, I had completely forgotten about the whole keyboard action thing... Thanks! will sort that out for sure (nod) I appreciate your feedback!

QuoteWas this influenced by Frog Fractions? Similar art style and theme!
LimboJimbo84, I had to google Frog Fractions coz I'd never heard of it until now.. 
The idea actually came when our winter kicked in and frogs began to spawn in every little puddle around our farmhouse, the kids caught jarfuls of them!
Anyhow.. they asked me if all the little tadpoles would turn into frogs one day, and after some discussion the idea for a new game was born! ;-D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk