Art Software for Game Backgrounds

Started by Vverano7, Wed 09/08/2017 23:17:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Vverano7

Hi, I am a really big fan of the Quest for Glory Series, especially so towards the art style. What software could I use to create game backgrounds like the Quest for Glory Series other than Photoshop? Can I use Inkscape and import it into AGS?
Thank you.

morganw

Inkscape is more about vector graphics, although you can always convert your final images to bitmaps.
You might like GrafX2 if you want to go retro (very brush centric and only a 256 colour palette). There are some good tutorials for the basics on YouTube.

Crimson Wizard

Regarding importing gfx, AGS imports BMP, GIF, Jpeg, PNG and TIFF formats, and converts them to BMP in the end. But I think most graphic programs allow to export to at least some of these formats anyway.

Gilbert

Just use the All the Paint Programs You'll Ever Need sticky as a starting point. It wasn't updated for a few years now but I think most of the links there should still be relevant.

This forum is more suited for asking how to do this or that with AGS, instead of how one could create their own assets. However, as the OP contains "...and import it into AGS" I consider this vaguely related and decided against locking this thread ATM.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk